Any questions about running/starting an etsy shop? Ask away!
maya3456
Professional
maya3456
3 years ago by maya3456
I have had an etsy shop for a while now and I have learned a lot. If you have questions about anything related to selling on etsy ask away!

Etsy: etsy.com/shop/MandJBraceletCo
Jdog12525
Bracelet King
Jdog12525
3 years ago by Jdog12525
I don’t have any questions but I just checked out your shop and your products are so cute 💕💕💕!!! Good luck with your sales!!!
maya3456
Professional
maya3456
3 years ago by maya3456
Thank you!!! @Jdog12525
Maky_Wacky
Bracelet King
Maky_Wacky
3 years ago by Maky_Wacky
@maya3456 I just checked your Etsy, the bracelets, and keychains, ooohh they are adorable! You also have good prices for them, some Etsy accounts have their bracelets wayyy overpriced. What has been the thing that has brought in the most customers?(like what did u do that worker the best to advertise)
maya3456
Professional
maya3456
3 years ago by maya3456
@Maky_Wacky I use Instagram to advertise, but that hasn't actually drove that many sales. For me, it has been using the attributes and keywords on etsy, and most importantly, when an item is purchased, I put the same listing back up again. The more times that one listing has been purchased, the more etsy will show it to people. Whether it is remaking the same bracelet before renewing it, making it after it is purchased, or even using the same listing for something else after and just changing the photos and description to go with that new item, it will put you in favour of the algorithm that decides what listings to show people.
Chaty_Chun
Bracelet King
Chaty_Chun
2 years, 12 months ago by Chaty_Chun
How do you ship your orders ( I have so done already but am still trying to research what category it is under in usps) I’m using poly mailers bts
Chaty_Chun
Bracelet King
Chaty_Chun
Btw*
maya3456
Professional
maya3456
2 years, 12 months ago by maya3456
@Chaty_Chun I live in Canada so I am not familiar with the USPS options however I would recommend going into a post office or calling a post office and ask for their recommendation. I have found websites can be all over the place and kinda confusing!
Chaty_Chun
Bracelet King
Chaty_Chun
@maya3456

Ok thank you!
sprinklez
Bracelet King
sprinklez
2 years, 12 months ago by sprinklez
What sells better...alpha or normal?
maya3456
Professional
maya3456
@sprinklez I have had success with both. For me, I have sold more normals, but that is because I have made and posted more normals. I have found alphas are popular as well, especially if they fit into a niche (I have sold a lot of among us bracelets). I think you can be successful with either. The short answer to your question is I have sold more normals. Make what you want to make!!!
sprinklez
Bracelet King
sprinklez
2 years, 12 months ago by sprinklez
Aha that is very helpful. And what is your experience with selling bracelets under a brand...such as a bracelet pattern with a Disney character? I’m not sure if that’s a no-no or not.
maya3456
Professional
maya3456
@sprinklez I am not too familiar with official rules on the subject, but for me instead of calling it a "Disney friendship bracelet" I call it a "Disney inspired friendship bracelet". I have never had an issue with it, nor have I seen anyone else have an issue either, but I would definitely recommend saying it is "inspired" to show it is not official merchandise
demonspong
Professional
demonspong
2 years, 12 months ago by demonspong
I’m getting a decent amount of traffic, but only have 2 sales. How can I bump it up?
maya3456
Professional
maya3456
2 years, 11 months ago by maya3456
@demonspong You would be surprised by the amount of views it takes for one sale! I believe it is because of all the options available on etsy. Make sure you are using nice, clear, bright photos and have fair pricing (of course make sure you are paying yourself enough but make sure you are not too high over other peoples pricing) and just do everything you can to get even more traffic to your shop because more views mean more sales. I haven't looked at your shop yet so not all of these may apply, but I will go look at your shop now and let you know if I have more specific tips!
tary
Professional
tary
2 years, 11 months ago by tary
i dont use etsy to sell i sell through instagram and local due to my age but i was wondering if you could help me work out how to price my stuff? i used to work it out as the cost of the skeins used, 2$ an hour and then say i used tape then 10cents per peice extra and then about 2-4$ extra for a bit of profit but i wanted to know if there was a better way?

an example of one of my prices was i did a custom which was a solid color w just a letter in the middle so i charged $18 for it( they got two) because i used i think 4 skeins(1.5$ each), and it took me about 5 hours.

does this seem ok or am i under or over charging?
maya3456
Professional
maya3456
2 years, 11 months ago by maya3456
@tary this seems like a good way to price your products! you are factoring cost and time which is important, plus a bit of profit. I think you are doing great!
ananya123
Bracelet King
ananya123
2 years, 8 months ago by ananya123
So I'm thinking about starting an etsy. and was wondering how much money do they take for each purchase. like do they do that? cause it said like $.20 in the US and i was confused
maya3456
Professional
maya3456
2 years, 7 months ago by maya3456
@ananya123 there is a listing fee and a transaction fee it totals to 20 cents per listing plus about 9 percent
CakeCup
Bracelet King
CakeCup
2 years, 7 months ago by CakeCup
Is it worth it? I have had several people, including my parents, say that I should start an Etsy shop. I just am not to sure about it because there are so many other people doing it.