Tighter first or Tighter second?
Penguin388
Bracelet King
Penguin388
2 years, 11 months ago by Penguin388
So I am working on knot tension and so far I have heard that loosening knots helps a lot with tidy knots but I have heard to different things. Some people say tight first know and some say second which one is correct?
oceanknot
Bracelet King
oceanknot
2 years, 11 months ago by oceanknot
I’m not sure which is correct, but I do tight first and loose second. It also makes it easier if you’re connecting the strings after making a loop or something to do tight first or else it might look weird
novaphina
Bracelet King
novaphina
2 years, 11 months ago by novaphina
I do both reasonably tight. I am bad at making them the same looseness if I forget about the bracelet for a week and then pick it up again. So I just do all tight knots. -- Actually I knot in a weird way so it is probably different than people who to the 4 shape and put their bracelet in a clip or tape it on a table. I knot with just my hands so I can take the project on the go. someday ill make a video cause it is hard to explain.
allyson606
Bracelet King
allyson606
2 years, 11 months ago by allyson606
I do both of my knots about the same tightness.. But probably the first one is usually a little tighter, only in Alfas though! ❤️
amwatson
Bracelet King
amwatson
2 years, 11 months ago by amwatson
The first half of the knot positions where the actual knot will be so I tend to make it tighter so that there’s no gap between the knots above it and it. I tend to do the second half of the knot looser because that’s the part that actually defines the tightness/size.
Chaty_Chun
Bracelet King
Chaty_Chun
2 years, 11 months ago by Chaty_Chun
I do tight fist then loose second
demonspong
Professional
demonspong
2 years, 11 months ago by demonspong
If the knot or string is being finicky, I do tight second. Otherwise, I do medium for both. It’s gives me room to adjust knots as I go (especially with alphas)
Deuken
Bracelet King
Deuken
2 years, 11 months ago by Deuken
I just a tight knoter 😂
crafter83
Bracelet King
crafter83
2 years, 11 months ago by crafter83
Tighter second I heard is better if you have had strings snap