How do you cut your strings without the entire bundle knotting up?
shayD
Bracelet King
shayD
3 years, 4 months ago by shayD
Whenever I need to cut my strings I always end up having to untangle the entire bundle of each color because at some point it just all knots up. Does anyone else experience this or have a way to fix it? ❤️ ❤️ ❤️
Elise64
Bracelet King
Elise64
3 years, 4 months ago by Elise64
I heard that one string is meant to be pulled and the other isn’t. There is supposed to be a tip for figuring out which string to pull but it’s not very helpful so I’d just say to pull one side of the string, and if it bundles up find the other one and pull it 🙂
shayD
Bracelet King
shayD
@Elise64 thank you so much 😊 that really helps
oceanknot
Bracelet King
oceanknot
3 years, 4 months ago by oceanknot
Yeah, I used to have this issue a lot and I would end up wasting string, but I found that using bobbins is a lot easier and string pretty much never tangles. It’s also more organized that way and just looks better.
shayD
Bracelet King
shayD
@oceanknot thank you!! I will definitely purchase bobbins in the future because I have also had a hard time organizing the string I have right now.
oceanknot
Bracelet King
oceanknot
3 years, 4 months ago by oceanknot
No problem!
baublesbyb
Bracelet King
baublesbyb
3 years, 3 months ago by baublesbyb
@Elise64 touched on it, but the end you're supposed to pull is the bottom one! With DMC, pull the end that is under the longer plastic sleeve (the one with the color number and barcode). It should be the same for other brands too.
eva-seria
Bracelet King
eva-seria
3 years, 3 months ago by eva-seria
Honestly you might not Need to buy bobbins. Most of my thread is spooled on thin cardboard or card stock that I cut up from my recycling (mostly cereal boxes, anything with that amount of thickness). I would cut a 2 by 4 inch rectangle, fold it in half, and tape the 2 sides together. Then I’d sorta replicate what the bobbins I saw looked like (almost capitol I shaped so the thread doesn’t slide off) and then on the folded seam I would cut 2 notches to secure my thread.

If you have a bin you’re storing them in just measure the compartment sizes so you don’t make them too big.
shayD
Bracelet King
shayD
3 years, 3 months ago by shayD
@eva-seria Thank you so much for your help! I definitely have a lot of cereal boxes I could recycle. Great idea!! 🙂 ❤️
RavenAMZ06
Bracelet King
RavenAMZ06
3 years, 3 months ago by RavenAMZ06
so the trick to removing the floss is to find the center of the entire spool and then remove those little wrappers and whichever end comes out first start pulling from that end. After that you can either just wind around your hand or else secure them to a bobbin. Masha Knots has used this trick in one of her bracelet helpline vids.
I hope this helps! 😄