Crochet thread? Wich size can I use? I need help
Lila082
Professional
Lila082
3 years, 4 months ago by Lila082
Hi, so I recently asked my mom to buy me some white crochet thread so I don't run out soo fast, but we didn't knew wich size is has a similar thickness to embroidery floss. My mom bought me a size 8 (i'm not sure), but I had to split it in half to have the perfect thickness for my alphas.

I just wanted to ask you, wich size has a similar thicknes to embroidery thread? 🤔
Someone_
Bracelet King
Someone_
3 years, 4 months ago by Someone_
Size 5 crochet thread tends to be pretty much the same thickness as embroidery floss, and is very combinable with embroidery floss. It''s what I use and it's perfect for Alpha's (in my experience, anyway).
double_a
Professional
double_a
3 years, 4 months ago by double_a
From what I know, size 5 is about the same as embroidery floss. I use size 10 crotchet thread and double it to use as base strings for alphas!
oceanknot
Bracelet King
oceanknot
3 years, 4 months ago by oceanknot
That’s weird that you had to split in half because the higher the number, the thinner the crotchet thread is. I’ve never used size 8, but I’ve heard that it’s thinner than embroidery floss. Apparently, size 5 works well, but I’ve never tried it either
Lila082
Professional
Lila082
3 years, 4 months ago by Lila082
Thank you so much for your help @Someone_ @double_a @oceanknot , I guess next time I'll try size 5 ❤️ 🙈