Alphas
princess29
Professional
princess29
3 years, 4 months ago by princess29
I just made my first ever alpha, the pic is in my profile. I need some help with the edges... They aren’t the straightest. Any tips? I also tried to use the flat alpha technique but it still turned out bumpy. Anything at all helps! 😊
crafter83
Bracelet King
crafter83
3 years, 4 months ago by crafter83
I would try the straight edges technique. You use forward backwards and backward forwards knots on the last knot and first knot of each row. So fb knots this way -> and bf knots this way <- Hope this helps
crafter83
Bracelet King
crafter83
Also try tying the knots a little looser, I often tie my alpha knots too tight and then they come out uneven
princess29
Professional
princess29
@crafter83 Thank you! I will try that out!
crafter83
Bracelet King
crafter83
Your welcome. It took me a couple alphas to get the hang of it. Yours turned out pretty well for your first one.
Good luck on your future alphas ❤️
oceanknot
Bracelet King
oceanknot
3 years, 4 months ago by oceanknot
When I looked at your image of the goldfish alpha, it appeared that you were using the straight edges technique, but you weren’t doing 2 fb/bf knots. This is a really common mistake and there was a whole forum post about it. So you basically just make a fb/bf knot to end every row and you make a fb/bf to start every row. Then, you can just move on to the second knot of your pattern.
princess29
Professional
princess29
@crafter83 Thank you! @oceanknots I hadn’t heard about the straight edges technique before, so I was just ending each row with either a forward or backward knot and then starting the next row with the next one. Thank you for the advice! I will test it out on my next keychain! 😊
oceanknot
Bracelet King
oceanknot
3 years, 4 months ago by oceanknot
No problem! Let me know how it goes
princess29
Professional
princess29
@oceanknots 😊 I will!
princess29
Professional