how long to make bracelets
variations
Professional
variations
3 years, 4 months ago by variations
Hi so I've heard people say that you should make bracelets around 4-6 inches long, and I am wondering if that includes the loop at the top and/or the ties?
oceanknot
Bracelet King
oceanknot
3 years, 4 months ago by oceanknot
I don’t think I’ve ever measured my bracelet with a ruler, I kind of just measure with other bracelets I’ve made in the past. As long as it fits around your wrist, I don’t think it really matters. If it helps though I don’t think the 4-6 inches includes the ties/loop ( I’m not 100% sure though)
Someone_
Bracelet King
Someone_
3 years, 4 months ago by Someone_
The reason people say between 4-6 inches is because those are average wrist sizes of most people. Of course you can make your bracelets longer or shorter depending on your wrist size and/or preference, that is entirely up to you.
Most of my bracelets are all different sizes because sometimes I get bored of a pattern so I finish it shorter and turn it into a keychain.
Personally, I do not include the loop or the ties in the measurement of the bracelet. I measure from just after the loop, to the point at the end (just before the ties).
scarhead12
Bracelet King
scarhead12
3 years, 4 months ago by scarhead12
as long as you want to make them!! I make mine 4-5 inches because I cut my strings so my bracelets can be that length. But some people like them to be 5-6 inches or maybe even longer 🙂
eva-seria
Bracelet King
eva-seria
3 years, 4 months ago by eva-seria
I include the loop in the measurement but not the ties.
Ziggyknots
Professional
Ziggyknots
3 years, 4 months ago by Ziggyknots
My bracelets are about 14 inches long including the ties!
variations
Professional
variations
@oceanknot @Someone_ @scarhead12 @eva-seria @Ziggykotts

Thank you guys for you help 😄
variations
Professional
variations
@Ziggyknots oops I typed your name wrong 😂
oceanknot