back of alpha!
jaimalaim
Professional
jaimalaim
3 years, 3 months ago by jaimalaim
Hiiii so i love making alphas but obviously the back doesn’t look good and I’m fine with that but I’m scared to cut the loose strings hanging from the back because I’m afraid the bracelet knots might come undone. Does anyone have tips?
oceanknot
Bracelet King
oceanknot
3 years, 3 months ago by oceanknot
@LillyGrace posted a video on cleaning up the backs of your alphas. https://youtu.be/09V-jbn6zug

I found that video pretty helpful, but to be honest, as long as your strings aren’t coming out of the side or anything, it’ll most likely be okay to cut the strings directly off. You can also tie a little knot if you’re worried, but it’s important to remember that bracelets are made almost 100% out of knots, so it’s not essential to secure them. I’ve heard people say that they’ve never had any issues with just directly cutting off the excess strings. If you still don’t like the way the backs of your alphas look through, you can also sew or hot glue a piece of felt or fabric to the back of your alpha.
lizzie645
Bracelet King
lizzie645
3 years, 3 months ago by lizzie645
I'd say from my experience its ok to do that! I made a shaped keychain once and just cut right into the bracelet 😄 It holds really nicely considering its on my wallet and gets carried around a lot. I just secured the loose strings with clear nail polish.
gabrielled
Professional
gabrielled
3 years, 3 months ago by gabrielled
I cut the strings on the back to about half a cm, and then I just glue them down with a glue stick. ❤️
jaimalaim
Professional
jaimalaim
@gabrielled sometimes when I glue it it becomes scratchy to wear so i was nervous about doing that but i might try it on just small places where I cut the string
jaimalaim
Professional
jaimalaim
@oceanknot thanks!! I'll check it out!!!
oceanknot
Bracelet King
oceanknot
3 years, 3 months ago by oceanknot
No problem
zoeyllm
Bracelet King
zoeyllm
3 years, 3 months ago by zoeyllm
I've never had issues with this but I mostly put mine on the walls so....
FluffyOwl
Bracelet King
FluffyOwl
3 years, 3 months ago by FluffyOwl
I normally just cut off the strings on the back and all of them have held so far
workmanha
Bracelet King
workmanha
3 years, 3 months ago by workmanha
I personally don't mind what the back looks like but I have cut the strings and the bracelet stays together just fine
corrona
Professional
corrona
3 years, 3 months ago by corrona
I cut the backs of mine as close to the bracelet as possible without any glue or anything and they have all stayed perfectly fine 🙂 (I also wear all my bracelets almost every day so I’d say you’re safe)
garciazamb
Professional
garciazamb
3 years, 3 months ago by garciazamb
what you can do is tie all the loose strings in the back into knots and you can double knot them so they don't become undone. I do this with my alphas and haven't had any issues. The only thing about this method is that it doesn't work with metallic thread. It becomes undone
moriah-k
Bracelet King
moriah-k
3 years, 3 months ago by moriah-k
you'll be fine to cut the excess string off! I literally do that with all of my bracelets and because you're literally tying the string inplace, its not going to go anywhere. If it still makes you nervous though just the string and put a layer of top coat(clear nail polish) over the top of the trimmed strings. I will say that it can be uncomfortable when you wear it because the polish hardens and scratches you, but if you can deal with it then go for it lol
knot_maker
Bracelet King
knot_maker
3 years, 3 months ago by knot_maker
Hmm, that’s what I also wonder about, but what I did is that I tied a knot and then cut it, and it’s doing okay, but I have no idea about other people so I don’t know if it will work for you 😅
Margaron
Margaron
3 years, 3 months ago by Margaron
I’ve been making bracelets for 16+ years and use a pair of nail clippers to cut the thread right to the back of the bracelet. I don’t secure it in any other way and I’ve never had a bracelet fall apart!
danielle_3
Bracelet King
danielle_3
3 years, 2 months ago by danielle_3
i like to cut the string as close to the bracelet as possible and then put some clear nail polish on top so it doesn’t get un done. if it helps masha knots who’s been making bracelets for a very long time doesn’t use nail polish and she’s never had a problem!