[TIPS WANTED] How do I organise my threads? page 2
marab
Bracelet King
marab
3 years, 4 months ago by marab
U can use bobbins or even small cardboard pieces!
princess29
Professional
princess29
3 years, 4 months ago by princess29
I use bobbins, I also have a wonder thing that my mom gave me that makes the process faster. I have a storage container that has sections and I color coordinate from there! Hopefully that helps!
Vivi07
Bracelet King
Vivi07
3 years, 4 months ago by Vivi07
Buy about 200 bobbins on amazon for about £8, find a big quality street box or something. Dump all of the loose threads in a separate box. When i need a colour or have nothing to do, i wind the strings around the bobbins and take what I need. Messy but works for me 😂
-Anyone-
Professional
-Anyone-
3 years, 4 months ago by -Anyone-
If your on a budget you can run down to the dollar store and go to the hardware aisle, there are some clear boxes with movable dividers that are supposed to be for tools but they can be used for string aswell, or go the craft section and there are this clear stackable containers with movable dividers aswell
hapymonkey
Professional
hapymonkey
3 years, 3 months ago by hapymonkey
At Hobby Lobby you can get a thread organizer (without bobbins) for around 4 or 5 dollars. Once you get bobbins you can put them all in that
AJsHere
Bracelet King
AJsHere
3 years, 3 months ago by AJsHere
bobbins are definitely my go to, but if you want you can also wrap the floss around your fingers then use a smaller piece to pull it back though the little plastic thing. I like to do with when I've only used a little bit or for things like white and black.
Lila082
Professional
Lila082
3 years, 3 months ago by Lila082
For anyone who doesn't have or find plastic bobbins:

Cut a 9x4 cm rectangle in a cardboard or opaline, then fold it in 3 (3x4), tape all the sides an make 2 small cuts to hold the string, one in the top (in the middle) and one in the bottom (in the middle) 🙂