Easy Alpha Patterns
xApplePIx
Bracelet King
xApplePIx
3 years, 4 months ago by xApplePIx
Hi! I’ve been wanting to start making alphas but I want to know what some easy patterns are. Do you guys have any recommendations? 😄
mintcookie
Bracelet King
mintcookie
3 years, 4 months ago by mintcookie
To me, what makes an alpha easier is
1) minimal colour switches
2) thinner bracelet (lesser base strings)
3) minimal colour switches on the edge rows of the bracelet
So anything that fits this description rather well would be fine

My first alpha was #19454, which I found pretty manageable (although the back was rather messy). Good luck! ❤️
oceanknot
Bracelet King
oceanknot
3 years, 4 months ago by oceanknot
#36730 was technically my first alpha, but #28885 was the first alpha I made where I followed a pattern. People might say that one is bad for beginners because it has a ton of color switches and colors, but I would say it trained me to get used to alphas (I love them alphas more than normals now). Just make sure you use the flat alpha and straight edges technique because they make your bracelet much neater. Masha knots has a video about it https://youtu.be/_YVFAX9sacw
sgouru
Bracelet King
sgouru
3 years, 4 months ago by sgouru
#47588 I thought was an alpha that was easy had only two colors and managble.
maddigaddi
Professional
maddigaddi
3 years, 3 months ago by maddigaddi
I recommend the vertical wave pattern. You can find videos all over YouTube like from MashaKnots
AfriadKnot
Professional
AfriadKnot
3 years, 3 months ago by AfriadKnot
@xApplePIx I just started making alphas last year! My first pattern was this sunflower: #39714. But, I'd recommend something with less colors. #26396 is a super popular beginner alpha pattern, or you may like the "rag rug" style of alphas just to get the hang of it. I think that pattern is #12398.
Crafterina
Bracelet King
Crafterina
3 years, 3 months ago by Crafterina
You can try #47994 , #41683