Is threadship the same thickness of DMC thread?
graceb2707
Bracelet King
graceb2707
3 years, 5 months ago by graceb2707
I bought threadship literally just now 😂 and it doesn't come with a whole lot of black and white, so i need to know if I can use just normal DMC thread with threadship thread? I believe it is the same thickness seeming it's the same brand but idk 🤷😂 anyways if you could help me out that would be awesome 😉
crealalou
Bracelet King
crealalou
3 years, 5 months ago by crealalou
@graceb2707 if it's the same thickness yes!
graceb2707
Bracelet King
graceb2707
That's what I'm asking lol hahah I wanted to know if anyone's knows if their the same thickness to use together
oceanknot
Bracelet King
oceanknot
3 years, 5 months ago by oceanknot
I might be wrong because I’ve never used either brand, but they are both 6-strand thread, so I believe it should be fine. Just to be safe though, you might only want to use it in normal patterns. A good tip could be maybe to cut a small piece of both threads and feel them with your eyes closed. If you can tell the difference between the two, then maybe you shouldn’t use them together for alphas. Again I’m not an expert because I’ve never used DMC, so this is just my opinion.
Knots_EM
Bracelet King
Knots_EM
3 years, 5 months ago by Knots_EM
I haven't used threadship, however I have my eye on it considering the price, however I think threadship is a sub-section of DMC, and most threadship threads are cotton. So I think you should be able to mix them, especially if you have the stranded cotton threads (yellow packaging). Also can you please let me know if it is good, I expect it is considering it is sold by DMC, but I'd rather be safe than sorry and if it is good then it will be a lifesaver!😂
graceb2707
Bracelet King
graceb2707
Alright thanks guys, I'll give it a go and I'll let you know how it goes. I've used the threadship thread already and the colour change is so good and the colours are really vibrant, I recommend it haha I love it, I just use a lot of black and white so I was curious if they were the same thickness anyways you guys should totally get it! They give you multiple of the same colour so it's good because you have more than enough to use for whatever you make!
silyliam
Advanced
silyliam
3 years, 5 months ago by silyliam
hi, I bought threadship (the ones like coton perle) and it worked great with classic dmc threads!
graceb2707
Bracelet King
graceb2707
@silyliam well if it works with the cotton Perle stylw of thread then I'm sure it'll work with the thread I have! Thanks so much!