Edges on Alphas
Bsonde
Advanced
Bsonde
3 years, 6 months ago by Bsonde
Hey guys! I am pretty new to bracelet making and I love making alphas! I'm just wondering how do you do a color switch on the edge of an alpha row without the previous string peeking out on the edge? I use the straight-edge method for edges.
oceanknot
Bracelet King
oceanknot
3 years, 6 months ago by oceanknot
For the edges, you just do a normal color switch without using the flat alpha technique.
Hassey
Bracelet King
Hassey
3 years, 5 months ago by Hassey
Check out this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YVFAX9sacw&t=83s
catialvi15
Professional
catialvi15
3 years, 5 months ago by catialvi15
Hi! I can not tell you how long I've been having this problem for but I finally figured out what we've been doing wrong. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvL5xaSzbzI&t=428s If you go to this link its one of Masha Knots videos, go to about 6:50. What she does is instead of doing the flat alpha technique just put the string that your not using under the base string and make a normal edges knot. I can not tell you how happy I am to find this out and be sharing it. 🙂 I hope it helps!
Hunter_K
Bracelet King
Hunter_K
3 years, 5 months ago by Hunter_K
Hi I am working on my very first alpha bracelet and my edges keep getting wider and straight and then narrow and bendy🤦‍♀️! Do you guys have any tips on how to make that...*not* happen? Thank you have a great day!
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
3 years, 5 months ago by halokiwi
@Hunter_K is your bracelet wider in parts where you have many colour switches? I think you can probably fix this or at least make it better by using the flat alpha technique. The flat alpha technique is an alternative way to switch colours. You can find different videos on it on YouTube but if you don't want to watch those I can try to explain.
Hunter_K
Bracelet King
Hunter_K
3 years, 5 months ago by Hunter_K
@halokiwi no so I am using the flat alpha technique, and it's sort of working but also this is my first time so I'm not entirely sure. I don't really think it's changing based on the color, it may honestly be the way I'm tying my knots, but even then I don't know how to keep those consistent.