I need help!!!
BandGeek22
Bracelet King
BandGeek22
3 years, 6 months ago by BandGeek22
What is a good amount of base strings for a key chain. I know if there are to many the keychain won’t look good bc of the curve the keychain has. So what is a good amount when using a keychain?? Thank you!!!
Sun_String
Bracelet King
Sun_String
3 years, 6 months ago by Sun_String
hmm you mean like a circular one? I would say try to find a pattern with 15-20 base strings (:
also I just bought some d-ring keychains on amazon and they are flat on the bottom so you might want to look into those too because then the pattern won't curve!
BandGeek22
Bracelet King
BandGeek22
3 years, 6 months ago by BandGeek22
Sun_String thank you!!!
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
3 years, 6 months ago by 2006_Mandy
Depends on the size of the keychain you can always do a shaped start where you start with like a few knots in the first row and expand as you go (the shaped alpha technique) or you could even do a loop and triangle end.
coco-k
Skiller
coco-k
3 years, 5 months ago by coco-k
Hi when you cut of strings how do you make it not show thank you
kman
Professional
kman
3 years, 5 months ago by kman
@coco-k what do you mean?
BandGeek22
Bracelet King
BandGeek22
3 years, 5 months ago by BandGeek22
@coco-k huh? 😂
coco-k
Skiller
coco-k
I mean when you cut of strings in your alphas how do you make the knot not untie and look messy
oceanknot
Bracelet King
oceanknot
3 years, 5 months ago by oceanknot
@coco-k if your talking about the old leading strings on the back of an alpha, I usually just cut them right off without making a knot. I’ve heard some people use glue, and other people just stitch fabric or felt to the back to make it look cleaner.
coco-k
Skiller
coco-k
Thank but when your string is to short and you cut it off it looks sloppy and the knot unties