string burns
iyamayam
Bracelet King
iyamayam
3 years, 6 months ago by iyamayam
Whenever I make a friendship bracelet my fingers start to hurt halfway through the bracelet cause the string keeps rubbing against my fingers. Does anyone know how to prevent that or help with the pain?
oceanknot
Bracelet King
oceanknot
3 years, 6 months ago by oceanknot
I would suggest not working on a bracelet for too long. Try to take breaks so that your fingers don’t hurt even more. A lot of people say that it gets better over time though once your hands start to build calluses.
iyamayam
Bracelet King
iyamayam
3 years, 6 months ago by iyamayam
@oceanknot thx
oceanknot
Bracelet King
oceanknot
3 years, 6 months ago by oceanknot
No problem 😊
cait7313
Bracelet King
cait7313
3 years, 6 months ago by cait7313
i put vaseline on the spot that hurts, usually i get blisters and i either use a bandaid, vaseline or lotion on the spot
anna_knots
Bracelet King
anna_knots
3 years, 6 months ago by anna_knots
if im really determined to finish the bracelet, i will cover the sports with a cushioned bandage, so that it doesn't rub. But otherwise, i usually take 5-10 minute breaks.
1aesthetic
Bracelet King
1aesthetic
3 years, 6 months ago by 1aesthetic
I would try tying your knots losser and if that doesnt work than step away from your bracelet for a few days.
cxrgi
Bracelet King
cxrgi
3 years, 6 months ago by cxrgi
Ngl it happened to me too- now I got blisters all over me hands so I’m trying to take more breaks as I Knot.
aurrak
Bracelet King
aurrak
3 years, 6 months ago by aurrak
the easiest way i got this to stop was to make my knots looser i really focused on knotting looser for a couple of bracelets, and eventually, I wasn't getting any burns on my fingers. if you do like to knot tightly, use lotion a lot and a bandaid over the spot it burns so you can continue to knot while it heals 🙂
Hedgehog23
Bracelet King
Hedgehog23
3 years, 5 months ago by Hedgehog23
I use a little piece of Scotch Tape on the part of my finger that is getting a blister, but a Band-Aid sounds much better (Im too lazy to get a Band-aid and I usually have tape next to me 😂 😂)
spleevy
Bracelet King
spleevy
3 years, 5 months ago by spleevy
I literally had the same problem and my fingers looked disgusting with all my cuts and peeling skin. I used duct tape and wrapped it around my affected fingers and knotted with it. I think it has to do with how tight you are tying knots and how much pressure you are using. I don’t know what happened but I don’t get burns anymore.. I would try using the duct tape method and hopefully you can be more comfortable
rayasun
Professional
rayasun
3 years, 5 months ago by rayasun
I use athletic tape it still protects the burned area but its thin enough that it doesn't affect how well I can tie knots
bee4
Bracelet King
bee4
3 years, 5 months ago by bee4
Try using a band aid or chapstick on the injured area from knotting. I used chapstick last time and you may have to reapply it when it’s gets rubbed off after a little bit, but there is no more rubbing from your strings and you can still tighten them the same way.
skittles33
Advanced
skittles33
3 years, 5 months ago by skittles33
i don't burns them as bad any more cause i'm more used to it now but when i did get bad burns i used: a band aid, bandage (not too thick so i could still make bracelets), or i would suggest taking short breaks especially if you are sitting down for a long time and maybe stretch so your back doesn't hurt after.
skittles33
Advanced
skittles33
3 years, 5 months ago by skittles33
I meant I don't get burns as bead but when I did I used a band aid a thin bandage or I took short breaks and during those breaks i stretched so i'm not sore from sitting down so long.
avacodo7
Professional
avacodo7
3 years, 4 months ago by avacodo7
Usually if my finger starts to hurt I put a bandaid on the end of my finger and take a short break 😊
Maddie78
Professional
Maddie78
3 years, 4 months ago by Maddie78
Maybe try to hold your strings a little loser
gabrielled
Professional
gabrielled
3 years, 4 months ago by gabrielled
in the past couple of days i experienced this for the first time on my thumb. I put a bandage over and so far it’s been working!
Poodle
Bracelet King
Poodle
3 years, 4 months ago by Poodle
I would try to get softer string pm me and I will send you links to string that I have bought and I like
thread3
Skiller
thread3
3 years, 3 months ago by thread3
SPORTS BANDADE it won’t make the thread slip and it’s stronger and flexible!!!!!!!