How to Read Massive Alphas
demonspong
Professional
demonspong
3 years, 6 months ago by demonspong
Normally I just read patterns off my phone and follow along that way. However, for patterns that need to be wider than my phone screen to read I struggle following along. Would printing help? How do I print it so I can still read it?

I’m talking patterns with dimensions like 101x46
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
3 years, 6 months ago by halokiwi
Hi, have you tried clicking the "print" button. It should show you how it looks printed.
If it's on several pages you could for example tape the pages together.
You can also play around with portrait and landscape mode and see which will show your pattern better.
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
3 years, 6 months ago by 2006_Mandy
I just use a computer when I am reading larger patterns and zoom in on patterns when needed
estellajw
Professional
estellajw
3 years, 6 months ago by estellajw
printing them out or looking on a computer is what i do!
discoball
Bracelet King
discoball
3 years, 6 months ago by discoball
for large patterns like that, I print (scale it so you can see it) and keep a ruler on each row as I go! and cross off a section of rows every now and then
balu1215
Professional
balu1215
3 years, 6 months ago by balu1215
I don’t like looking into phone / computer that much, o I use squared paper (is it called like this? 😄 ) from old school notebooks. I take pencil if its two coloured alpha and just draw cross where I want to have the other colour. I would use coloured pencils if you want your alpha multicoloured.
Fluffball
Bracelet King
Fluffball
3 years, 6 months ago by Fluffball
My printer is black and white ;-; so for alphas it doesn't work that well.
Hedgehog23
Bracelet King
Hedgehog23
3 years, 5 months ago by Hedgehog23
I just zoom in when the pattern is too large, I zoom into a the area Im working on
kmmorell
Bracelet King
kmmorell
3 years, 5 months ago by kmmorell
I sometimes use graph paper, but if you are doing that many rows and have that many base strings i suggest printing it out and crossing off as you go, and use the screen for color reference
SavannaL
Bracelet King
SavannaL
3 years, 5 months ago by SavannaL
Zoom in and scroll along as you knot.