ask and ill answer RIGHT AWAY!!! 🙂 page 2
gymnast2
Bracelet King
gymnast2
3 years, 5 months ago by gymnast2
When I make alphas and I knot with string going though sometimes you can see the other string through how do I fix this?
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
3 years, 5 months ago by halokiwi
@gymnast2

I'm unsure what you mean

When making a colour switch to avoid the old leading string poking through pull on the old leading string a little

To avoid the base strings poking through try to knot as close to the previous row as possible.
gymnast2
Bracelet King
gymnast2
3 years, 5 months ago by gymnast2
Oh ok thanks
mcan7
Professional
mcan7
3 years, 5 months ago by mcan7
Hi!!! I am doing a custom alpha pattern for my friend and she wants her initials. How many rows should I put between each letter? Thanks!
sad_knots
Professional
sad_knots
3 years, 5 months ago by sad_knots
hi every body im so sorry my phone broke so im now using the family computer and it needed up but it needed up grading 😐 🤨 so yea im back to reply to your ?s
sad_knots
Professional
sad_knots
mcan7 i would put any where from 2-4 rowsin between each inital 👍
sad_knots
Professional
sad_knots
sorry @mcan7
sad_knots
Professional
sad_knots
@Z_crafts you just put the string under the bracelet untill you need it again 👍
sad_knots
Professional
sad_knots
@layla88888 here`s a tutorial on both alphas and normals

normal: https://youtu.be/YkN7VX0gVfQ

alpha: (straight edges is tip 2) https://youtu.be/ff7rwAP9jvI
sad_knots
Professional
sad_knots
@Hedgehog23 i honestly do not know but try asking @tiassie @Chica2020 and @PotatoPeel
layla88888
Bracelet King
layla88888
3 years, 5 months ago by layla88888
Thank you!
PotatoPeel
Bracelet King
PotatoPeel
3 years, 5 months ago by PotatoPeel
@Hedgehog23 to make a tutorial, you have to contact admin. He will then give you an email address. Then you have to make a word document or pdf, with exactly what you want to put in your tutorial. It would help a lot if you divided it into sections, so that its easier when making the actual tutorial. Admin will make the tutorial then send it to the moderators for a review. You will get a notification when your tutorial gets approved.

You can find this info and much more in the FAQ section. Scroll down all the way until you see the FAQ button. Then you get much more info!
PotatoPeel
Bracelet King
PotatoPeel
3 years, 5 months ago by PotatoPeel
@Hedgehog23 the exact words from that section are:

"Adding tutorials to the site is possible, but the process is a little bit more difficult than adding all the other content. If you'd like to add one, you first have to prepare it in a word document or a pdf. It would be great if it follows the same structure that our current tutorials have. They're divided into steps, and each step can contain an image/video, title, and text. After all of this is done, and your tutorial is ready, just can send it to us via email. If you don't have our email address yet, please contact an admin to obtain it. Also please don't forget to mention your username, and how difficult you consider your tutorial to be. After receiving your tutorial, our moderators will take a look on it, and if everything's fine, it will be posted to the site."
Hedgehog23
Bracelet King
Hedgehog23
3 years, 5 months ago by Hedgehog23
@PotatoPeel Thank you so much!!
madawiMM
Professional
madawiMM
3 years, 4 months ago by madawiMM
hi! do you have any tips on how to stay motivated for making bracelets?
Jdog12525
Bracelet King
Jdog12525
3 years, 4 months ago by Jdog12525
@madawiMM Find engaging videos, whether that’s on YouTube or a streaming service, to distract you from the amount of time it takes to make a bracelet.
sugarknots
Bracelet King
sugarknots
3 years, 4 months ago by sugarknots
@Crazycat HELLO! i struggled with this for so long, but my grandma saw me making an alpha one day, (i was just starting it) and i was having so much trouble with the strings this particular day, she saw this and took a DAMP sponge and ran it down my strings when i dried, they were PIN THIN! i now do this every single time a make a bracelet, take a sponge, drench it in water, squeeze the majority of it out, and run it down your strings, and VOUALIA! try this out! its a lifesaver!
alexann_dk
Professional
alexann_dk
3 years, 2 months ago by alexann_dk
Hi, I’m not sure if this has been asked yet, but do you know of any tutorials on odd numbered keychains? Or do you know how I can make one?
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
3 years, 2 months ago by halokiwi
@alexann_dk I usually do it the following way. I attach all the base strings normally except the last one. For the last one I attach the first leading string to the keyring using a lark's head knot so that the shorter end has the same length as the other base strings. Then I just use the shorter end of the leading string as the last base string.
allialexis
Bracelet King
allialexis
3 years, 2 months ago by allialexis
@alexann_dk Kinsey b has a tutorial on her yt video about keychains. But basically let’s say u need 17 base strings. U would attach 8 strings with the larkshead knot since that would make 16. For the last one ur gonna use ur leading string/background color. Make one side of it long enough for a base string and the other side should be long enough for the background. Then attach it like how you would normally do it with a larkshead knot and then just start knotting with the long side 😊