I can read a bracelet pattern but I can’t execute it!
grace_17
Advanced
grace_17
3 years, 10 months ago by grace_17
I have learned how to read a bracelet pattern but I have not been able to execute it the bracelet will not turn out is there something I may be doing wrong I am not sure I am attempting pattern #43340 but I go in confident and then when I start knotting I immediately regret trying it and I am getting discouraged I REALLY want to make a bracelet other than a candy stripe or chevron please help! 😢
-Nobody-
Bracelet King
-Nobody-
3 years, 10 months ago by -Nobody-
Are you doin backwards forwards know like it says?
-Nobody-
Bracelet King
-Nobody-
3 years, 10 months ago by -Nobody-
*knots
fab1ana
Bracelet King
fab1ana
3 years, 10 months ago by fab1ana
Maybe try making one knot at a time. So, you start with the first knot, being the one that is with string A and A. After that, you make the knot beside it with the next color (this is with string B and B). And lastly, you do the last knot of that row.
don't worry if you don't get it the first try. with patience and effort, I'm sure you can certainly make this pattern.
If you need any help, feel free to reach to me, or any other moderator/user here on braceletbook! :]
Guitar123
Professional
Guitar123
3 years, 10 months ago by Guitar123
take your time. It never looks good at the beginning
aa7648
Bracelet King
aa7648
3 years, 10 months ago by aa7648
I’m sure you’re doing great, it’s hard at first, make sure you are confident with each individual knot, like forwards, backwards, fb, and bf, then when you make the pattern go slowly and make sure each knot is secured and looks good before moving on to the next. It may take a while at first, but you’ll get the hang of it! 🙂
beaumont
beaumont
3 years, 10 months ago by beaumont
keep trying and also it takes time to get used to doing those knots
nev_m_07
Bracelet King
nev_m_07
3 years, 10 months ago by nev_m_07
@grace_17 you just have to practice. When I first started using patterns my bracelets did not turn out well but then I kept trying and trying and now they look a lot better! But even now that I can knot bigger and more advanced patterns like starbursts and dovetails, I still make mistakes. It’s just part of the learning process 🙂
Disney12
Bracelet King
Disney12
3 years, 10 months ago by Disney12
I would recommend not doing a 1 2, 1 2 pattern as your first pattern you read. I know some people find them easy, but for me they are really confusing. Let me look for some easier pattern that maybe you would be able to do. 🙂
Disney12
Bracelet King
Disney12
3 years, 10 months ago by Disney12
I found a couple that should be easier for beginners. I've made quite a few of these and they are all good patterns. #25049, #25162, #26933, ##1525, #28099, and #18008. Hope this helps you! 😊
awesome563
Bracelet King
awesome563
3 years, 9 months ago by awesome563
I would recommend a pattern that is easier to start that closer resembles a chevron. I would recommend #34351
Etown
Bracelet King
Etown
3 years, 9 months ago by Etown
Just keep trying! At first mine looked messed up and I did a little research on how to better understand it and I improved a lot!
cowboys
Bracelet King
cowboys
3 years, 9 months ago by cowboys
I am new to the app but have been making bracelets for a few years but I always watched videos and stuff and I did the simple and easy ones but I am tired of doing the same bracelets and o want to learn how to read a bracelet pattern. Please help, thanks!
woodychiu
Bracelet King
woodychiu
3 years, 9 months ago by woodychiu
@cowboys

First learn how to tie the basic 4 knots.
https://youtu.be/UYQnqb-20NA

Then try to learn the segment knotting method
https://friendship-bracelets.net/tutorials/1849

practice how to use the segment method using Paint to circle out and mark the "segment"

Then you will eventually get there.

I started my first ever bracelet 3 months ago. That was a chervon. Now I am already opening a ig shop, You can do it. Just search using the internet. 🔥
jgrace
Bracelet King
jgrace
3 years, 9 months ago by jgrace
try to learn the basic backward forward/forward backward knots. knowing how to do the simple things first will help you build up to being able to do it. read the pattern slowly to see which knots go on which strings and take it one row at a time 👍
Deuken
Bracelet King
Deuken
3 years, 9 months ago by Deuken
Maybe these tips can help you
* Making sure when you finish the pattern, that you end with the same color order
- In this case, you should be ending with Blue, Blue, Purple, Purple, Grape Purple, Grape Purple
*In the beginning it'll look a little messing
*Before you knot the strings, make sure it's the correct strings
- For example, in the first row is; the two blues are backward forward knots, the two purples are backward forward knots, the two grape purples are backward forward knots
*Making sure when you're knotting that it is the correct color and right knot
- For example, in the second row, the first knot is purple and a backward forwards knot

Since this pattern is all backward forward knots I'll link a video in case you're having a problem with making the knot.
https://youtu.be/QjnltsfBdKU
Bellinx
Professional
Bellinx
3 years, 8 months ago by Bellinx
Sometimes when your doing a hard bracelet it just looks wrong even though it’s not and I would recommend having a side bracelet that you know how to do really well and work on that when you get frustrated. When you come back to the harder project it’s a lot easier to see where you were going wrong