can you make patterns with different shapes?
Keaton
Skiller
Keaton
3 years, 10 months ago by Keaton
i really want to make a zig zag pattern and this one that looks like leaves, but i can’t figure out how to make patterns with unconventional shapes!!

do i have to make them into an alpha? does it allow weird shapes? i’m confused, please help!!
arf820
arf820
3 years, 10 months ago by arf820
yeah! shaped patterns do exist on the site. i’m not sure what the exact patterns are that you are trying to find though. but i have been creating a lot of different shaped patterns if you want to check them out! and no you don’t have to create them into an alpha because they patterns you are referring to are normal patterns🙂
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
3 years, 10 months ago by halokiwi
You can create some of the bracelets with unique shapes as normal patterns. Others you can't because they "break" normal pattern rules.

This for example is my attempt of turning the zigzag bracelet into a normal pattern: #37570. To create the bracelet you just need to pull the knots tight instead of leaving gaps.

Another example would be the starry night bracelet. It can't be turned into a normal bracelet that represents all knots because there are knots around more than one string. This was my attempt of turning it into a normal pattern #34612

I also tried to turn the Zolino bracelet into a normal pattern but that one was even less possible because parts of the bracelet overlap. This is as good as it's going to get #31180

What I'd recommend you do first is to sketch the pattern with all its knots. Then you can try and figure out if and how it's possible to turn it into a normal pattern. I could also try to help you or create patterns for you.
Keaton
Skiller
Keaton
@halokiwi thank you!! i’ll try it again and let you know if i need help
Keaton
Skiller
Keaton
@arf820 thanks so much!!