why do moderators keep declining my patterns?
sara24
Bracelet King
sara24
3 years ago by sara24
Hi,
I have been working on a pattern for a while now and have tweaked and submitted 3 times until someone deleted it. Each time I was given the same request and every time I tweaked. The alpha I was submitting is strawberry ice-cream with it dripping down the cone. Maybe some of the moderators didn't understand what I was going for or whatever but now I have to remake the whole thing and I don't even have a photo for reference. Does anyone have anything that could help me?
Jdog12525
Bracelet King
Jdog12525
3 years ago by Jdog12525
I know that if a pattern has been declined 3 times, the moderator deletes it. You can check the submission comment or message the mod directly and ask them why they declined it.
sara24
Bracelet King
sara24
3 years ago by sara24
@Jdog12525 thanks for the suggestion!! 😊
oceanknot
Bracelet King
oceanknot
3 years ago by oceanknot
In the review notes, I try to ask the moderators to be more specific if I don’t understand what I need to fix. Keep in mind that different moderators review the pattern so they wouldn’t know whether or not you changed it.
sara24
Bracelet King
sara24
3 years ago by sara24
@oceanknot thank you for the suggestion! next time i will definitely do that!!
oceanknot
Bracelet King
oceanknot
3 years ago by oceanknot
no problem!
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
3 years ago by halokiwi
We moderators can only see the current version of each submitted pattern. We cannot see previous versions of the pattern and it is therefore difficult to see if changes have been made. If the decline message still applies it seems like there have been no changes made and you are ignoring the decline message.

Like the other users have said before in cases like these it is best to document your changes in the review notes so a moderator knows you have made changes. This also makes it more likely that a moderator will give you more detailed instructions because it does not seem like you are ignoring the decline message intentionally.

You can of course also specifically ask for some hints.

Here are the tutorials for tweaking alpha patterns btw:
https://www.braceletbook.com/tutorials/74_how-to-tweak-patterns/
https://www.braceletbook.com/tutorials/120_making-better-outlines-for-alpha-patterns/
sara24
Bracelet King
sara24
3 years ago by sara24
@halokiwi thank you for your input!! I am trying this with a new pattern that I'm making!
Jo
Advanced
Jo
2 years, 10 months ago by Jo
Where can I find what the pattern guidelines are?
sara24
Bracelet King
sara24
2 years, 10 months ago by sara24
@Jo when your about to submit a pattern, one of the messages is to check off the terms and conditions box. Below that it has a place where you could read it if you want. That is the pattern guidelines.
Jo
Advanced
Jo
2 years, 10 months ago by Jo
Awesome thanx
madeleine_
madeleine_
2 years, 10 months ago by madeleine_
@Jo There’s also a link at the very bottom of each page on the website