A question about variations
oceanknot
Bracelet King
oceanknot
3 years, 4 months ago by oceanknot
How do people make variations with “less colors” than the original pattern. For example, in pattern #39709 , @Firecorn made a variation that didn’t have the watermelon seeds. The generator said 5 colors, but in reality, it only had 4. I know how to change the colors in a variation, but I always just assumed it would get declined if you have the same 2 colors. Sorry if this is confusing.
Firecorn
Bracelet King
Firecorn
3 years, 4 months ago by Firecorn
so what i did was i made 2 of a very similar color, if you look close enough, you'd see that the two in question are different. but if you are going to do something like that, make sure that you tell the mods that it is meant to be a certain thing that involves 2 of the same color, i will make a tutorial!
oceanknot
Bracelet King
oceanknot
3 years, 4 months ago by oceanknot
@Firecorn Thank you! I can’t even tell the difference between the two colors tbh, but thanks for the tip!
Firecorn
Bracelet King
Firecorn
Np! I am posting a tutorial, however, it may not be acepted but still!
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
3 years, 4 months ago by halokiwi
@Firecorn sorry, we no longer accept alpha variations like this where colours are merged because they mess up the colour count.

You are only allowed to add or remove colours in normal pattern variations. To do that you need to add or remove letters from "colors order"
Firecorn
Bracelet King
Firecorn
Oh ok thanks!