Helping you figure out how to segment knot patterns (reading normal patterns) page 2
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
3 years, 4 months ago by halokiwi
@sunshine5 this is how to segment-knot pattern #25750:

This pattern has only two steps:

Row 1 to 3 consists of only f knots. That means you can knot those three rows similar to a candystripe. You start on the right and work your way to the left. The first knot you do is a f knot with the second string on from the right. Then you take the fourth string from the right and make 3 f knots. You do the same with the 6th, 8th, 10th and so on string until you get to the last string on the left. After you did 3 f knots with the leftmost string you take the string that is now the first on the left and do just one f knot.

Row 4 to 6 consists of only b knots. You start on the left and work your way to the right. The first knots you do are two f knots with the third string on from the left. Then you take the fifth string from the left and make 3 b knots. You do the same with the 7th, 9th, 11th and so on string until you get to the last string on the right. After you did 3 b knots with the rightmost string you take the string that is now the first on the right and do two b knots.

After this the pattern repeats

In short:
- three rows of candystripe to the right
- three rows of candystripe to the left
- repeat
sunshine5
Bracelet King
sunshine5
3 years, 4 months ago by sunshine5
How would u do this with a twisted tie to a triangle end?
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
@sunshine5 I'd pick the 6th knot of row 6 as the tip of the triangle. You can take a screenshot of the pattern and draw the edges of the triangle into it do you can see which knots you need to do.

I've written a tutorial on triangle ends in which you can see what I mean by drawing the triangle into the pattern https://www.braceletbook.com/tutorials/98_how-to-make-triangle-ends/
sunshine5
Bracelet King
sunshine5
Can uyou explain how to decide which order to make the triangle end
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
@sunshine5 What do you mean?

Have you read my tutorial on triangle ends? It should answer all your questions. 😄

It's already late for me so I'll try to answer your questions tomorrow if you still have any questions then.
sunshine5
Bracelet King
sunshine5
Ok I will go read it
sunshine5
Bracelet King
sunshine5
Can you looks private messages @halokiwi
giraffe_BJ
Bracelet King
giraffe_BJ
3 years, 4 months ago by giraffe_BJ
Hi I am new to segment knotting so I will definitely watch some videos first. But, could you explain how to segment knot #67585? Thank you so much for doing this.
Floss_Star
Advanced
Floss_Star
3 years, 4 months ago by Floss_Star
Sorry for requesting again so soon, but could you help with segment knotting pattern #5608?
Thanks and sorry again for asking another question so soon 😅😅
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
@giraffe_BJ here is how to segment knot pattern #67585

Because this pattern is more complex I'll just give you pointers. If you want to know more about a specific part feel free to ask.

For this pattern I recommend a triangle start with knot 4 in row 6 being the tip of the triangle. This is also where I will start the explanation.

I would define the main elements of the patterns as the following:
- a diamond with knot 4 in row 6 as the top corner, knot 4 in row 20 as the bottom corner and knots 1 and 8 in row 13 as the left and the right corner.
- the x
- triangles at the sides (they are between the diamond and the x as well as at the sides of the x)

The order in which you would knot is the following:
- diamond
- left and right triangle between diamond and x
- top half of x
- left and right triangle at the sides of the x
- bottom half of x
- left and right triangle between x and diamond

I recommend taking a screenshot and drawing the segments into the pattern. If you separate the pattern into these individual parts it should be easier to see how to knot these individual parts.
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
One correction for pattern #25750:
row 4 to 6 are of course only b knots. I copy and pasted the steps from row 1 to 3 and seem to have forgotten to change one f knot to b.
giraffe_BJ
Bracelet King
giraffe_BJ
3 years, 4 months ago by giraffe_BJ
@halokiwi, thank you for the pointers!
Lizzie_Ann
Bracelet King
Lizzie_Ann
3 years, 4 months ago by Lizzie_Ann
@sunshine5 if you want to know how to segment knot #30882 halokiwi can help you😁
lovingirl9
Bracelet King
lovingirl9
3 years, 4 months ago by lovingirl9
Hi there thank you so much for doing this! I don't have a question on segment knotting but I just want to know where would I start on the pattern 32612 with crimp ends. I watched Masha knot’s tutorial so it helped. But I am just having trouble cutting it off. Thank you so much for your help!
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
@lovingirl9 I'd take row 25 as the first row
zilinsel20
Bracelet King
zilinsel20
3 years, 4 months ago by zilinsel20
How would you do pattern number 25577? Ive tried watching the videos and actually trying it. I would be doing a teardrop loop.
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
@zilinsel20 here is how to segment-knot pattern #25577:

The simplest way to knot this pattern would be to knot it like a chevron because a majority of the knots are pointing towards the center.

Another option would be to knot rows 5 to 8 in segments and then rows 9 to 10 in segments. These rows repeat over and over.
- row 5 to 8 is like a chevron starting with bf knots on the left and fb knots on the right
- row 9 to 10 is a reverse chevron starting with fb knots on the left and bf knots on the right

I can try to explain either way to you. Just let me know which you prefer.
zilinsel20
Bracelet King
zilinsel20
3 years, 4 months ago by zilinsel20
Ok could you please explain Option 2
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
@zilinsel20

I am unsure how to explain how to include the teardrop loop. My recommendation for doing the teardrop loop would be to first take a screenshot and then draw the upside down triangle into the pattern where you want the teardrop loop to be. Personally I'd take the two outer knots of row 5 as the tips of the two half-triangles for the teardrop loop. Since I don't really know how to explain this without being confusing I recommend to know row 5 to 10 row-by-row.

If you do the teardrop loop like I recommended you are now starting in row 11 with the full uninterrupted pattern. These two parts that I describe repeat during the whole pattern.

Chevron part (row 11 to 14):

-take the left string of the two strings in the middle and make a bf knot with it
-take the right string in the middle and make a fb knot with it
-make any knot you want between the two strings in the middle

-take the 6th string from the left and make one bf and two f knots with it
-take the 6th string from the right and make one fb and two b knots with it
-make any knot you want with the two strings that are now in the middle

-take the 4th string from the left and make one bf and three f knots with it
-take the 2nd string from the left and make one bf and three f knots with it
-take the 1st string from the left and make two f knots with it

-take the 4th string from the right and make one fb and three b knots with it
-take the 2nd string from the right and make one fb and three b knots with it
-take the 1st string from the right and make two b knots with it

Reverse chevron part (row 15 to 16):