Holding Down Bracelets
jshtamler
Professional
jshtamler
4 years, 2 months ago by jshtamler
How do you guys hold down your bracelets while making them? I’m having trouble with my method, so i‘m asking for some suggestions
allierae54
Bracelet King
allierae54
4 years, 2 months ago by allierae54
I either use scotch tape to tape it down to a table or I use a clipboard.
jshtamler
Professional
jshtamler
@allierae54 i use tape now and i’m trying to change that and i’ve tried using a clipboard but it wasn’t stable, it kept moving. how do you keep it from moving around?
BITTY23
Bracelet King
BITTY23
4 years, 2 months ago by BITTY23
You could use a safety pin and pin it down to a pillow.
jshtamler
Professional
jshtamler
@BITTY23 i understand if there is a loop...like masha knots does it...but it’s a candy stripe.
allierae54
Bracelet King
allierae54
4 years, 2 months ago by allierae54
I'm sorry...... I don't have any other suggestions..... ik some people use a water bottle cap to hold their bracelet down on their water bottle, but I, personally, have not tried that method.
jshtamler
Professional
jshtamler
@allierae54 it’s okay! thanks!
jenavieve_
Bracelet King
jenavieve_
4 years, 2 months ago by jenavieve_
i use duct tape to hold mine down! i would also suggest taping it closer the area of the bracelet you are working on and constantly moving the tape.
Someone_
Bracelet King
Someone_
4 years, 2 months ago by Someone_
I just use a clipboard, and move the bracelet up as it gets longer to work with. Binder clips are good also, if you haven't tried those. 🙂
arf820
arf820
4 years, 1 month ago by arf820
i use a clipboard normally but if i’m doing an alpha that just starts in a straight line i tape it down to my clipboard.
mmalone
Bracelet King
mmalone
4 years, 1 month ago by mmalone
i have multiple boxes of string, so i tape my bracelets to my string boxes. as i keep going and adding onto my bracelet, i tape it down more so that the new bit is also taped. it helps me stay focused on my bracelet and keeps it from flipping. i also use safety pins, but the bracelet tends to flip around more easily.
Threadhead
Professional
Threadhead
4 years, 1 month ago by Threadhead
I use duck tape and it seems to hold very well, especially after you build some length.
fire31
Professional
fire31
4 years, 1 month ago by fire31
I just tape my bracelet onto a desk if I am working on an alpha. I find it works best for alphas because it keeps it very steady. I just use a clipboard when I’m doing normal patterns. I haven’t had any trouble with it.
thegothics
Professional
thegothics
4 years, 1 month ago by thegothics
I mostly tie all my strings by pair on a safety pin, and then attach the safety pin to a cushion. I tied them in pair as to keep a straight line at the beginning, but you don't have to.

These days though, I've been trapping my bracelets between my desk and the lid that opens up, not sure if that makes any sense 😛, but they stay put!
_emmak
Bracelet King
_emmak
4 years, 1 month ago by _emmak
I usually use a clipboard, and I recently bought a mini one for on the go bracelet making. I also safety pin my bracelet to my jeans sometimes if I don’t have a clipboard handy
omc4456
Bracelet King
omc4456
4 years, 1 month ago by omc4456
I recommend using strong tape which is usually good for keeping your bracelet down, but using a clipboard is better, so you don't have to keep adding tape.
awesomelgk
Bracelet King
awesomelgk
4 years, 1 month ago by awesomelgk
I use a clipboard, and I sit on the couch with my knees up so the clipboard rests there
forsure
Professional
forsure
4 years, 1 month ago by forsure
I duct tape mine to my old algebra textbook lol
Haka_yt
Bracelet King
Haka_yt
4 years, 1 month ago by Haka_yt
Clipboards work the best for me, but idk about you!
aimacrame
Advanced
aimacrame
4 years, 1 month ago by aimacrame
a pinboard and needles to hold the bracelet down 🙂