Are normal patterns or alpha patterns easier for you? page 2
Reply
|
skier3346
Professional
|
3 months, 1 week ago by skier3346
I can't do aphla patterns can someone do a tutorial on them pls 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭👍👍👍👍
|
|
skier3346
Professional
|
3 months, 1 week ago by skier3346
RLly normals.for me
|
|
banankage
Bracelet King
|
3 months, 1 week ago by banankage
I think normals are easier but alphas are more fun!!
|
|
therian124
Beginner
|
3 months, 1 week ago by therian124
Normal are cuz I’m new to it
|
|
moomoo_cho
Advanced
|
3 months, 1 week ago by moomoo_cho
I think that alphas are easier because I get distracted easily and it’s easier to tell if I’ve messed up, undo the mistake and re-mark up my pattern on alphas
|
|
kazknots
Skiller
|
2 months, 3 weeks ago by kazknots
I find alphas easier, I always get lost in the normal patterns 💀 and somehow my knots don’t turn out as neat as they to in alphas. But I guess one pro of normal patterns is you don’t have tape everywhere from the color changes ^^
|
|
str6yk1ds
Bracelet King
|
2 months, 3 weeks ago by str6yk1ds
@kazknots lol true 😭
|
|
PurpleSkyz
Bracelet King
|
2 months, 3 weeks ago by PurpleSkyz
i prefer alphas a clipboard and some small and medium binder clips. messing up a normal pattern is such a pain for me to undo
|
|
emmaleeigh
Professional
|
2 months ago by emmaleeigh
Alphas, which is great since I like the pixel art look of alphas more. Haven’t made a normal pattern in over a year
|
|
briannarid
Bracelet King
|
1 month, 3 weeks ago by briannarid
Alphas, as long as they're not more than 22 strings are the easiest for me. I'm really intimidated on doing normal patterns, but when I've successfully completed a normal, I'm always surprised by how much quicker they are than alphas!
|
|
Emmaloves
Professional
|
1 month, 3 weeks ago by Emmaloves
I fear I struggle with alphas 😭 To be fair, I've only ever attempted 2, but they turn out just so ugly and lopsided rip
|
|
magslan07
Professional
|
1 month, 1 week ago by magslan07
I started with normals and resisted alphas for a while, but I love them and make more alphas now. I love the creative freedom and I often take an extra bobbin and push up my rows of knots to keep them even which is a lot harder to do with normals imo
|
|
laxgirl_16
Advanced
|
1 month, 1 week ago by laxgirl_16
for me i think normals are easier because ive been making for three years lol. imo its easier to keep track of and i dont have to think as much. i may possibly be biased because ive only made 2 alphas but for me it's kinda finnicky and much slower progress. however alphas are pretty relaxing because i kinda do a little each day before bed to unwind and it gives me a dopamine hit hehe 😛
|
|
barrelgal
Professional
|
1 month, 1 week ago by barrelgal
Um there both the same 😂
|
|
asterism
Professional
|
1 month, 1 week ago by asterism
I prefer normals, but i've been doing them for WAYYYYYY longer than alphas, so they're what's most familiar to me.
|
|
gdndjsna
Advanced
|
1 month ago by gdndjsna
I’m usually faster with normals, I started with alphas so I’m partially biased
|
|
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
|
1 month ago by 2006_Mandy
I started with normals and honestly the majority of my bracelets are normals but I actually prefer the look of my alphas overall; they don’t curl up so I don’t need to iron them to take pictures (which isn’t always but it does occur in certain normals), They can have as many colours as you want which is a plus (people cross stitch lots of big patterns with lots of colours, it’s just not normalized with bracelet making), they can make for great larger patterns where you do not need to math to figure out how to segment knot, once you get into an alpha (or at least me) it can become muscle memory like a normal pattern where the knotting speeds up and it feels satisfying to see each row add to the image, alphas open a larger base of patterns since you can use cross stitch/pixel art/beading patterns, alphas take less string than a normal and it’s more common to have colour changes in the back (I really hate adding more string in normals). If you asked me a year ago when I last knotted I’d say alphas are harder than normals but now I prefer alphas. I’m not saying both are hard as I’m pretty experienced but if I had to compare how natural to knot it feels alphas are better.
|
|
Ruy11Kn0ts
Advanced
|
3 days, 18 hours ago by Ruy11Kn0ts
Alphas. I like making my fingers suffer through counting base strings. I feel like normal ones are a classic, but alphas let you get creative by what you put in the bracelet they let you make anything, like a name or a cartoon character. there are many possibilities!
|
|
winter_1
Professional
|
1 day, 14 hours ago by winter_1
Personally, I like normals and alphas equally. I like the wide variety and the repeating part of normals, but if I get bored I can always have a alpha right there to get rid of that boredom! ❤️
|















