Starting Alpha Keychains
AJDucky
Professional
AJDucky
4 years, 2 months ago by AJDucky
hi! I was wondering how I can start an alpha on a keyring. I've looked and haven't been able to find a good video or tutorial. Thanks 🙂
Fluffball
Bracelet King
Fluffball
4 years, 2 months ago by Fluffball
Try Masha Knots. Her channel has been really helpful to me in making friendship bracelets. She has a video on that topic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KciljDh-1Ko

If you're still confused after that, I can also help you more.
Someone_
Bracelet King
Someone_
4 years, 2 months ago by Someone_
There's a few ways to do this.
•You could make LarkHead Knots to attach all the strings to the key-ring, and then continue to make the pattern you want. This limits you to the number of base strings you use though, because if you use too many the first couple of rows will curl in shape of the ring.
•You could use the back-to-back method, where you turn the pattern upside down, and create it, then knot in the key-ring and make the pattern the right way around and then end it. That may sound confusing, but MashaKnots has a great tutorial on that, and there is also a tutorial in the 'Tutorials' section on here.
•You could start the pattern off with a loop, and create the pattern, end it in your desired way and loop the key-ring through the loop of your bracelet at the end.

Hope this helps. 🙂
AJDucky
Professional
AJDucky
@Fluffball thanks so much! I can't believe I missed that video of her's. I thought I'd watched them all 😂
AJDucky
Professional
AJDucky
@Someone_ thank you! I will certainly try some of those methods out. 😊
Someone_
Bracelet King
Someone_
4 years, 2 months ago by Someone_
You're welcome! 😊❤️
Fluffball
Bracelet King
Fluffball
4 years, 2 months ago by Fluffball
@AJDucky No problem 😄
sillpickle
Bracelet King
sillpickle
4 years, 2 months ago by sillpickle
honestly, what I've done in the past is to start the alpha with a teardrop loop (Masha Knots has a tutorial) and then add a jump ring to attach it to the keyring or attempt to just attach to loop itself!🙂
AJDucky
Professional
AJDucky
4 years, 1 month ago by AJDucky
@sillpickle I'll have to try that too! thanks!