Shaped pattern help / feedback
JaxomRuth
Bracelet King
JaxomRuth
5ย months, 2ย weeks ago by JaxomRuth
Hello all - I had a bit of trouble figuring out how to do this shaped pattern from the official challenge. https://www.braceletbook.com/patterns/normal/160344/

I uploaded a photo and am hoping that I can get some feedback on it because I am not sure if I correctly understood what I was supposed to do in the "gaps" between the trees. (Also, I ran out of one colour of thread and had to use a strand in a different shade of green, so I am aware that some of the trees don't look 100% correct - I am more looking for suggestions on how to improve my technique with this type of pattern.)

Thank you! ๐Ÿ˜‡
AlmaLlama
Bracelet King
AlmaLlama
4ย months, 3ย weeks ago by AlmaLlama
You didn't made it bad! Actually it looks very good!
One thing I think you should improve is to make more knots between the actual design, the "chain" part. However, I think is totally fine! If you do more chain patterns I'm sure your bracelets will look more and more good! ๐Ÿ˜Š
JaxomRuth
Bracelet King
JaxomRuth
4ย months, 3ย weeks ago by JaxomRuth
@AlmaLlama thank you for responding!

I guess I wasn't sure if I should do more knots between the trees than are shown in the pattern, but they did seem to be pretty close together. Can you suggest a good guideline for how to decide when to add more knots between the elements of this type of bracelet pattern?

I brought a bag of bracelets to a holiday gathering and someone was very excited to take this one away so I figured I must have done an okay job overall ๐Ÿ˜„
AlmaLlama
Bracelet King
AlmaLlama
4ย months, 3ย weeks ago by AlmaLlama
For the number of the knots between the elements of a chain pattern is more up to you. I think it also depends on your personal style! Make more patterns like this and find the number of chain knots that fits to you! For example, on pattern #145574 I did 4 knots and I did a few classical daisy chains before with different number of chain knots. Trust me, whatever number of chain knots you do, it isn't wrong! Every personal style is different! ๐Ÿ˜‰
And if you need more help on anything knotting related, don't hesitate to message me! I'll be happy to help! ๐Ÿ˜Š
JaxomRuth
Bracelet King
JaxomRuth
4ย months, 3ย weeks ago by JaxomRuth
Thank you again! I will keep experimenting, and appreciate your offer of help. ๐Ÿ˜