Securing bracelets
tanvi2020
Professional
tanvi2020
4 years, 3 months ago by tanvi2020
I am having a problem of securing bracelets to my table are there any alternatives?
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
4 years, 3 months ago by halokiwi
If you use tape you could try to pull less hard, use different or more tape.

An alternative to that could be a clipboard that you clip your work on.

You could also use any kind of pin, especially security pins to secure the bracelet to your pants or a pillow to work on.
Someone_
Bracelet King
Someone_
4 years, 3 months ago by Someone_
Another that hasn't been mentioned is a binder clip. If you have a board (that's not a clipboard) you can just use that, lay the strings as you need them onto the board (or folder, etc) and then attach the binder clip to hold them in place. 🙂
tanvi2020
Professional
tanvi2020
4 years, 3 months ago by tanvi2020
Thank you this helped me a lot.
kmonkey
Professional
kmonkey
4 years, 2 months ago by kmonkey
If you find taping your bracelet to the table to be more comfortable to you, you could try fanning the strings out more and then taping them to the table. This gives the tape more area to grasp onto, and I found that this has worked wonders for me!
cgrace270
Professional
cgrace270
4 years, 2 months ago by cgrace270
I use duct tape and it works fairly well. But there’s also binder clips, clipboards, and many more options. It’s frustrating but sometimes it just comes with bracelet making!
zero_knots
Professional
zero_knots
4 years, 2 months ago by zero_knots
safety pinning your bracelets to a pillow or using a clipboard might help 😊
livife0816
Professional
livife0816
4 years, 2 months ago by livife0816
I know this is a somewhat old thread but I saw some other people posting, so I figured I would just chime in. I use Scotch Blue Multi-surface painters tape. It is gentle on whatever surface I am working on but still holds securely. It also doesn't rip any threads off my bracelet making it fuzzy, like other tapes I have used. You can also get it in big rolls, making it a cheaper alternative to regular scotch tape or something.
Arm703
Professional
Arm703
4 years, 2 months ago by Arm703
I use a clip board
LexiStilli
Skiller
LexiStilli
4 years, 1 month ago by LexiStilli
I recommend clipboards. If you don't have access to one, I recommend duck tape.
gisa6
Bracelet King
gisa6
4 years, 1 month ago by gisa6
I personally use duct tape and then stick 2 safety pins in there so it doesn’t slip out.😊
cbb_knots
Professional
cbb_knots
4 years, 1 month ago by cbb_knots
I use clipboards because you can sit on the couch and watch tv or I sit in my bean bag so I stay comfortable longer and can do longer periods of knotting and they keep the bracelets SUPER secure... I was actually just working on one that I need a pattern for and I can just put the pattern under the bracelet in the clipboard and it makes it way easier to follow.👍
AAwesome
Skiller
AAwesome
4 years, 1 month ago by AAwesome
I like to safety pin my bracelets to pillows. Not only does it hold the bracelet from moving, it is more comfortable to work with and is moveable. Hope this helped!
Logiek5
Skiller
Logiek5
4 years, 1 month ago by Logiek5
I use a stirring box that I have had since I was 5
Haka_yt
Bracelet King
Haka_yt
4 years, 1 month ago by Haka_yt
I use a clipboard, there are also companies that make string boxes with a clipboard clip attached to the top do you can use it like a clipboard too!!!
knotsbybre
Skiller
knotsbybre
4 years, 1 month ago by knotsbybre
if you
knotsbybre
Skiller
knotsbybre
4 years, 1 month ago by knotsbybre
i used a clipboard, or maybe some duck tape. a little tape probably won’t hold it as good, so i would add a large amount of tape.
Wildfire7
Bracelet King
Wildfire7
4 years, 1 month ago by Wildfire7
I use masking tape and stick the bracelet to a table