Traveling tips
LillyBelle
Skiller
LillyBelle
4 years, 2 months ago by LillyBelle
Bracelet making while traveling tips?
I’ll be in Europe for a month visiting my family and im taking bracelet supplies for crafting while I’m where and I was wondering if anybody had any tips
Threadhead
Professional
Threadhead
4 years, 2 months ago by Threadhead
When I traveled I put my strings into an Altoids tin, and brought some tape and a water bottle.
BeadGirl16
Bracelet King
BeadGirl16
4 years, 2 months ago by BeadGirl16
Maybe find a small box to put your string in and bring a clipboard or a safety pin and pin it to your clothes.
PuPotato
Bracelet King
PuPotato
4 years, 2 months ago by PuPotato
When I travel I just bring my string box, a clipboard, and scissors. Just bring a backpack to carry it in. If you're flying, make sure any scissors you bring in your carry-on are small since otherwise they'll be confiscated
brr
Professional
brr
4 years, 2 months ago by brr
I would just bring my string in a little bag, tape and scissors.
Carli22
Bracelet King
Carli22
4 years, 2 months ago by Carli22
I’m going on vacation soon and on the plane you can bring scissors as long as the blade isn’t more than 4 inches and I keep my string in a case to bring and use as a holder. If you want you can bring tape
master_23
Bracelet King
master_23
4 years, 2 months ago by master_23
When I travel I often use elastic bands and put them around my bracelets I am working on and put them in a Ziploc bag along with a safety pin that I use to secure my bracelet on by pants as well as to undo knots if I make the wrong ones. If you are using a pattern I would print out the pattern and fold it up and put it in the bag as well.
Cirivere
Bracelet King
Cirivere
4 years, 2 months ago by Cirivere
Yeah! Bringing a pin/needle or a case of toothpicks to unravel any mistakes is a must! As for the yarn, maybe you can put some in a lunchbox? Or something?
muirb_xxx
Bracelet King
muirb_xxx
4 years, 2 months ago by muirb_xxx
Hi, I bought a craft suitcase online, but many might not be able to get one, I would pick out patterns that you really want to do, make the ties and everything but do the actual bracelets while your there so you don’t have to bring all your string with you, only scissors and a tool you would use to pull out the mistakes, I did that when I went to a hotel to stay and it worked wonders! I just whipped out a bracelet that was ready to go, got my pattern that I chose and do it! Hope this helped (you might be already there though) 😂
LillyBelle
Skiller
LillyBelle
4 years, 2 months ago by LillyBelle
Thanks y’all I’m not going until June but I’ll be there an entire month
kmonkey
Professional
kmonkey
4 years, 1 month ago by kmonkey
When I travel, I like to have several bracelets that I already started (made a loop and did a few rows), so that I don’t have to bring all of my supplies, and I can just pull one out of my pocket and pin it to my jeans if I wanted to continue knotting one of the bracelets. That way if you are traveling on a plane, you don’t have to worry about having to bring scissors or a whole box of string. And they do allow safety pins on flights!
Arm703
Professional
Arm703
4 years, 1 month ago by Arm703
I bought a tiny clipboard at Staples, it has worked great. Maybe prep your bracelets and secure them with rubber bands. I keep my thread for alphas on bobbins, so that would also be helpful
tizi_knots
Professional
tizi_knots
4 years, 1 month ago by tizi_knots
When I travel I only need my smallest string box or only the strings that I need to do the bracelet (if I need to cut string I always have scissors) then you put it in a small box or in a small bag and then (if you are in a train or something like that) you could bring your bottle and do a "temporally loop". If you are going to travel for so much time and you really don't want to have a lot of thread and clipboards or pillows you only must to take a pillow of the hotel of wherever you are and put your clip and your bracelet.
knotsbybre
Skiller
knotsbybre
4 years, 1 month ago by knotsbybre
When I travel, I designate one section of my book bag for my bracelet stuff. Usually I put my box of threads, a pair of scissors, a clipboard, tape, needles, and a safety pin. You can order some really good thread containers on amazon.
gando
Professional
gando
4 years, 1 month ago by gando
I bring a box of strings, my clipboard, unfinished bracelets, scissors, and buttons.