How do people deal with hand/arm/shoulder/neck pain from knotting?
marce11a
Bracelet King
marce11a
1 year, 2 months ago by marce11a
This didn't happen before getting back into this hobby 🙁
hollow_log
Professional
hollow_log
1 year, 2 months ago by hollow_log
i think it’s probs a posture thing and ik a lot of ppl struggle w that. what i’ve seen ppl say that helps them is sitting in bed and propping their hand up onto a pillow. not sure about hand and arm, that’s probably a use thing. hope any of this is helpful!
_haileyom_
Bracelet King
_haileyom_
1 year, 2 months ago by _haileyom_
You can try sitting on your bed with your knees up and propping whatever your knotting on against your legs while leaning back against a pillow. As for finger pain, you can use bandaids or rubber thimbles.
ellleeeee
Beginner
ellleeeee
1 year, 1 month ago by ellleeeee
take breaks in between making the bracelet and try to find a comfortable position while u make them
IndyHaine
Bracelet King
IndyHaine
1 year, 1 month ago by IndyHaine
I also have massive back problems since I started making bracelets and the only thing that works okay for me is leaning back in my chair, putting my feet on the chair so my knees are about shoulder height, and then propping the clipboard I'm knotting on against my legs.
Unfortunately I can't see anything like that because obviously my desk lamp is on my desk and not in my lap...
BeetleNugi
Bracelet King
BeetleNugi
1 year, 1 month ago by BeetleNugi
I get this a lot! I tend to go into hyperfocus and forget to do anything so I will sit in the same poor position for hours on end. When I feel pain I do a multiple number of things:
•use a neck pillow
•prop my back up with pillows so I am sitting upright
•take a break and come back later

Hand pain may be one of two things: repetitive hand movement (which leads to carple tunnel), or if the pain is in your fingers specifically, you may be tying your knots too tight and the thread could be cutting into your skin.

If my hands hurt from repetative movement, I take a break, move my wrists in circular motions and I massage my hands. It is extremely important to take breaks as carple tunnel is quite painful!

If the pain is on my fingers from tying my knots too tight, I put plasters or pieces of tape on my fingers to protect my skin and practice tying my knots looser

Hope this helps! 🙂
Duesenberg
Bracelet King
Duesenberg
11 months, 2 weeks ago by Duesenberg
Hi 🙂

Once your muscles are already sore, yoj can use Red (strong) Tiger balm so they heal more quickly.

Take care an md happy knotting! 😇 👍