Ask, and I’ll answer SAME DAY!
Lou_22
Bracelet King
Lou_22
3 years ago by Lou_22
Hey there! You can ask me any bracelet related questions and I’ll answer the same day. I’m sorry if I don’t get to all the questions, I will try my best!
Happyday7
Bracelet King
Happyday7
3 years ago by Happyday7
😢 Hi I've been making alphas a lot this year but I do the "flat alpha technic" like what mash knots do. But it still is bumpy even when I do t. Idk what the problem is maybe too many color switching at once? Who KNows!!!! 😭
Carli22
Bracelet King
Carli22
3 years ago by Carli22
Ok so I’ve been making alphas for a while now and I still don’t know if I should do color switches on the edges or not?
Lou_22
Bracelet King
Lou_22
3 years ago by Lou_22
@Happyday7 Yes, sometimes colour switches results in bumpy edges and destructive backs. Maybe try using a ruler and pushing the rows to the top to straighten them before you continue. Hope this helps!
Lou_22
Bracelet King
Lou_22
3 years ago by Lou_22
@Carli22 I’ve done it before. It works pretty good! Masha knots flat aloha video teaches you how to do it without and bumps or string sticking out.
oceanknot
Bracelet King
oceanknot
3 years ago by oceanknot
@Happyday7 the reason your alpha is bumpy is probably because there are too many color switches, like you mentioned. A solution for this would be to cut off the strings that are tugging on each other on the back of your alpha and manually press down on the bracelet to flatten it out. You can use glue if you’re worried that the bracelet will come undone, but you’ll most likely be okay even if you don’t use glue.
Lou_22
Bracelet King
Lou_22
3 years ago by Lou_22
@oceanknot thank you for clarifying!
oceanknot
Bracelet King
oceanknot
3 years ago by oceanknot
no problem!
Happyday7
Bracelet King
Happyday7
3 years ago by Happyday7
@Lou_22 and @oceanknot Thank you both for answering my question. I get it now. Thank you again both of you.
oceanknot
Bracelet King
oceanknot
3 years ago by oceanknot
@Happyday7 no problem!
magicknot4
Bracelet King
magicknot4
3 years ago by magicknot4
hi hi first timer umm how long would you guys make the strings for
Normal pattern #32406
#32406 because i cant think of the size and will the purple line be cut longer (is this a good pattern for someone thats made a few patterns like some of the to dos i have?)
Lou_22
Bracelet King
Lou_22
3 years ago by Lou_22
@magicknot4 Hi! This is probably a good pattern if you've made a few bracelets before. Alex's innovations has a tutorial on it, called the mini starburst.
I've made this before and no, you don't need to cut more purple string. A wingspans length should be good!
Mary_E
Bracelet King
Mary_E
3 years ago by Mary_E
@Lou_22 HELP! i’m doing pattern #70044 and the base strings are uneven! (i’m using a dowel so they have to be sets of two to tie on) how do i include the one extra string?
Mary_E
Bracelet King
Mary_E
3 years ago by Mary_E
@Lou_22 never mind 🙂
Lou_22
Bracelet King
Lou_22
3 years ago by Lou_22
@Mary_E not a problem. ask if you need anything else!
chocochip
Professional
chocochip
2 years, 11 months ago by chocochip
@Lou_22 Hi! I have a question, do you know if there’s a general rule to figure out how long you need to cut your strings for a normal pattern? Or if there’s some way to look at the pattern and figure out how long to make each string from that? I feel like mine always end up too short and I know you can always tie in extra but I’d rather get it right the first time. Thanks so much!
Lou_22
Bracelet King
Lou_22
2 years, 11 months ago by Lou_22
@chocochip Usally a wingspan should do you good with a bit of extras.
chocochip
Professional
chocochip
@Lou_22 and that’s for like 2 strings right? Like a wingspan folded in half?
Lou_22
Bracelet King
Lou_22
2 years, 11 months ago by Lou_22
@chocochip No, sorry for the confusion, you'll need to double up the wingspan. 🙂
chocochip
Professional
chocochip
@Lou_22 ...wait, now I’m more confused. So if I needed 4 strings of a color for a pattern, would that be 2 wingspans or 4? I’m sorry for all the follow-up questions 😬