Lopsided Alpha Rows
-Anyone-
Professional
-Anyone-
3ย years ago by -Anyone-
I've noticed that while I'm making alphas, the knots in the middle start pushing down in a slight curve. I do tie my knots quite loosely, and I use my nail or a ruler to adjust rows while knotting, so I don't understand why this is happening. Any tips to prevent this from occurring?
oceanknot
Bracelet King
oceanknot
3ย years ago by oceanknot
The only issue I can think of that might be causing this is using different brands of thread
onarts_
Bracelet King
onarts_
3ย years ago by onarts_
Make sure you make all the knots the same tighntness and also make sure that your first row i completly straight. Also I think it's normal because usually in the middle there are more color switches than the borders
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
3ย years ago by halokiwi
It might also be you not using the straight edges technique properly. When using the straight edges technique in an alpha both the first and the last knot of each row have to be switched to bf knots on the left and fb knots on the right. That means that you always have to do two bf or fb knots right after each other.
-Anyone-
Professional
-Anyone-
3ย years ago by -Anyone-
@oceanknot I'm using the same brand, but I'll keep that in mind
@onarts_ thank you, I'll try that
@halokiwi ohh ok ty
Lou_22
Bracelet King
Lou_22
3ย years ago by Lou_22
Using the straight edges technique should help the problem. Masha knots has a tutorial on this, so do some lovely users here on BraceletBook.