what are the arrows that go straight to the left or right?
antsac
Beginner
antsac
3 years, 3 months ago by antsac
are the arrows that go straight to the left and to the right the same as the diagonal arrows?
oceanknot
Bracelet King
oceanknot
3 years, 3 months ago by oceanknot
I’m not sure I understand your question, are you referring to the arrows in alpha patterns?
antsac
Beginner
antsac
probably
antsac
Beginner
antsac
i’m kinda new to this but i just did backwards and forwards knots and it still looks good but it is probably an alpha
RavenAMZ06
Bracelet King
RavenAMZ06
3 years, 3 months ago by RavenAMZ06
These kind of knots are only present in alphas and the knots which go towards the right (➡) are known as forward knots and the ones that go to the left (⬅) are known as Backward knots. I hope this answers your question. 🙂
oceanknot
Bracelet King
oceanknot
Can you let me know what the pattern number is? -> means forward knots and <- means backward knots. Not trying to confuse you, but you can also do bf/fb on the beginning and end of each row because that will help your edges be straighter. It’s not shown in the pattern, but it’s a technique that a lot of people use. By the way, you can tag me like this @oceanknot , so that I get a notification because I may miss your question otherwise
antsac
Beginner
antsac
@oceanknot the number is 30275 thank you so much for helping i’m just a little confused because there are the diagonal arrows and then the ones that just go straight to the side so i didn’t know the difference
oceanknot
Bracelet King
oceanknot
No problem. If you want more of a visual tutorial, here is a video that I found https://youtu.be/ksuB0I3nLTU

I don’t think she shows the straight edge technique, but again it’s just making fb/bf knots on the end and beginning of every row (it’s optional, but it makes your bracelets neater)
antsac
Beginner
antsac
@oceanknot thank you so so much for your help!!
oceanknot
Bracelet King
oceanknot
No problem!