Straight Edge help (alphas)
Eliseg
Skiller
Eliseg
3 years, 2 months ago by Eliseg
So I’ve only made one alpha before, I used the straight edge Technique where you do backward forward and forward backward knots on the edges but I see strings peeking through on the edge, am I doing something incorrectly?
CakeCup
Bracelet King
CakeCup
3 years, 2 months ago by CakeCup
I don't think so. My first alpha (the cake on my photos) had weird edges as well and I used the straight edge technique. Just keep working on it and it will get better! 😄
oceanknot
Bracelet King
oceanknot
3 years, 2 months ago by oceanknot
I think what you’re doing wrong is using the flat alpha technique on the edges when you have an edge color switch. If you don’t want your strings to poke through on the edges, just do a normal color switch without using the flat alpha technique when you have an edge color switch.
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
3 years, 2 months ago by halokiwi
It sounds like your issue is that you are only doing one and not two bf or fb knots. Since you replace both the first and the last knot of each row you need to make two bf or fb knots right after each other. One is the last knot of the previous row and one is the first knot of the new row. Otherwise the base string at the edge will show through.
Clairaland
Bracelet King
Clairaland
3 years, 2 months ago by Clairaland
You might want to start practicing knot tension and pull just a bit tighter on the edge to cover it up..
Ruby321
Bracelet King
Ruby321
3 years, 2 months ago by Ruby321
you do a forward backward knot on both sides to times.