Advanced
Sun-Flower
3 years, 7 months ago by Sun-Flower
try wearing a bandaid on the part that burns
_juliette_
Bracelet King
_juliette_
3 years, 7 months ago by _juliette_
@Sun-Flower i tried that! but it's so hard to knot when i do that... i'm just gonna take a brake from making bracelets, for 3 days or something idk.. 🙂
gloria_41
Bracelet King
gloria_41
3 years, 7 months ago by gloria_41
Maybe try a different brand of thread because some feel different.
OwObama
Professional
OwObama
3 years, 6 months ago by OwObama
I use band-aids too, but otherwise I'll switch the finger I'm leveraging with. I usually use my pointer finger to pull the string up so that's where all the pressure is, but if my pointers hurt then I'll use my middle finger to pull the string up once the knot is in place. Hopefully once you're a little less new to making bracelets your fingers won't burn as much, as you'll have built up callouses on your fingers.
_madyw
Bracelet King
_madyw
3 years, 6 months ago by _madyw
you may need to tie your knots looser, if you are tying them super tight the string may rub up on your hands and burn them. if you are knotting fast you also may want to slow down and it will lower your chance of burning your fingers
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
3 years, 6 months ago by 2006_Mandy
dont pull extremely hard when you knot and experiment with different threads. Some threads might be harder than others and will rub your fingers when another brand might not.
Basilology
Bracelet King
Basilology
3 years, 6 months ago by Basilology
1. Use a small band-aid on the parts that burn
2. Don't tie your knots too tight. You just need to make sure that the knot you tie is close to the other knots.
3. Change your string. If you are using craft cord, the twisty kind of string, you might want to change to embroidery floss.
Ada_Grow05
Professional
Ada_Grow05
3 years, 6 months ago by Ada_Grow05
This is a bit weird but one of my friends has this issue so she used an anti-chafing stick or deodorant if you don’t have that and put a little bit on your fingers and there will be a lot less friction so you won’t get brush burned anymore.
Deer-Teeth
Bracelet King
Deer-Teeth
3 years, 6 months ago by Deer-Teeth
try not to pull as tight! If you're trying to pull them as tight as possible without building calluses then it will definitely burn. Take a little more time when you're making the bracelet, or try to make more of them! If you take a break for more than a couple days, if you come back to it it's gonna be the same
Also, maybe it's the kind of thread you're using. If your thread is doing that to your fingers, you should go to a different brand, like embroidery floss.
you could also look into the different ways people hold string, and position your hand differently. That might take stress off of the finger that hurts, and you may even find you like that way better!!