Major HELP PLEASE!
stewon6969
Bracelet King
stewon6969
3 years, 6 months ago by stewon6969
I am in a bracelet slump, but this isn't a regular bracelet slump! I have been in it for like 2 months and I still cannot seem to get myself to make one! I have tried everything that people have been telling me will help, but they aren't working! The only thing that I want to do it LOOK at string and feel it! I cannot actually make something! Any major tips? I need help and fast because I really want to make a bracelet but I can't! @raccon @Margaron @KrazyKnotz @halokiwi @clairehair @innovate @_kinseyb
stewon6969
Bracelet King
stewon6969
I meant @Racoon
sasharaven
Professional
sasharaven
3 years, 6 months ago by sasharaven
Hi!
Personally, watching knot-with-me's on youtube and livestreams are what helped me get out of my bracelet slump. It's kinda like when studying with friends, you get more motivated to study yourself! Hope it helps <3
stewon6969
Bracelet King
stewon6969
@sasharaven Thank you for the advice! I will tell you if it works! Happy knotting!
Margaron
Margaron
3 years, 6 months ago by Margaron
Depends on the reason I’m in the slump. Are you not knotting because you’re sick of it? Are you not knotting because you don’t have the time or patience? Or are you not knotting simply because you’re not finding a pattern that really sparks a desire to knot?
Margaron
Margaron
3 years, 6 months ago by Margaron
If I’m sick of it, I leave it. I just walk away from the craft for a while. Maybe a month, maybe two, sometimes a whole season and then come back to it. Next time around you can pace yourself better so you don’t reach burnout. If you’re not knotting because you don’t want to put the time in to sitting for hours and reading a pattern then I’ll make chevrons or Candy stripes or something. Something easy that you have memorized and don’t have to think about or read the pattern for. Maybe even freestyle a pattern. And if you’re not knotting because you’re not finding the right pattern you can peruse insta or the photo section here on bb and get inspired. Maybe find a photo that makes you rethink a pattern you previously glazed over.
stewon6969
Bracelet King
stewon6969
@Margaron Thank you so much for the advice! That really helps me feel a lot better! And I just wanted to tell you that I am in the slump because I just cannot find a pattern that sparks my desire like you said!
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
3 years, 6 months ago by 2006_Mandy
I find something that will motivate me whether I start out small and build my way up to bigger bracelets or I find a person to make a bracelet for and then commit to it. Lately I haven’t worked on too many bracelets because I don’t have time however when I need a break I make a bracelet. When I can I will work on my wips or wind thread or make a birthday gift for someone. Look for inspiration, give yourself a reason to make a bracelet, find a movie, music or a video or podcast to watch, be comfortable and have fun. Don’t force yourself to do it if you won’t enjoy it. 😊
stewon6969
Bracelet King
stewon6969
@2006_Mandy Thank you so much! That just really inspired me to make a bracelet! Thank you for the help! Happy knotting everyone!
narbruh
Bracelet King
narbruh
3 years, 6 months ago by narbruh
I would try to make your favorite bracelet or try to make a bracelet you have really been wanting to make and force yourself.Then you will start enjoying it and get back into them.Hopefully that works 😄 👍
stewon6969
Bracelet King
stewon6969
@narbruh thank you!
oceanknot
Bracelet King
oceanknot
3 years, 6 months ago by oceanknot
Maybe try something you’ve never done before. I used to only know how to make normal patterns and never knew what to make, but after I learned how to make alphas they became my new favorite. This is probably the opposite of what everyone else is telling you to do, but it’s what worked best for me.
stewon6969
Bracelet King
stewon6969
@oceanknot Thank you!I will definitely try that! Happy knotting!
ryans1120
Professional
ryans1120
3 years, 6 months ago by ryans1120
ive just recently got out of my bracelet slump. honestly i say just go back to a pattern you REALLY liked and do that one, or browse around and find some pretty patterns and choose out your favorite thread colors.
oceanknot
Bracelet King
oceanknot
3 years, 6 months ago by oceanknot
No problem 😄
Crafter012
Skiller
Crafter012
3 years, 6 months ago by Crafter012
i'm also in a slump for about 10 weeks now because of the 2 days of school and its really weird 🙈
stewon6969
Bracelet King
stewon6969
@ryans1120 Thank you! Happy knotting!
stewon6969
Bracelet King
stewon6969
@Crafter012 Oh! Well, I hope you get out of your slump as well! Happy knotting (hopefully)!
jenhorne_
Professional
jenhorne_
3 years, 6 months ago by jenhorne_
I’ve started making keychains with alpha patterns to mix things up and make it more interesting! It’s really helped me as I prefer to see the pattern come together rather than just doing a pattern over and over again so personally I would find an alpha you love and give it a go! I also watch knotting videos/ streams to keep me motivated to keep going
stewon6969
Bracelet King
stewon6969
@jenhorne_ Thank you for the advice! I will try that! Thank you once again! Happy knotting everyone!