Fix slanted knots in alphas
alivetoliv
Bracelet King
alivetoliv
3 years, 7 months ago by alivetoliv
My alpha knots slant left or right based on the direction of the row. Even when I'm pulling my knots straight up. It mostly comes out looking fine but, for letters it looks wonky.

How do I make my alphas look like
llllllll
llllllll
llllllll

Not
////////
\\\\\\
////////

Is it possible?
Elise64
Bracelet King
Elise64
3 years, 7 months ago by Elise64
Do you use the flat alpha technique? If not I highly recommend it
alivetoliv
Bracelet King
alivetoliv
@Elise64 yes I use flat alpha technique
mailgirl
Skiller
mailgirl
3 years, 7 months ago by mailgirl
@alivetoliv I have the same question.
vennix
Bracelet King
vennix
3 years, 7 months ago by vennix
As far as I know there really isn’t a way to fix it. It’s just kinda how the knots are made and which direction you’re going. If you look at how the knot is made, such as a forward knot, after the first knot you make the string comes out on the left side of the base string and when you do the second knot, it crosses over and comes out on the right side of the base string.
colli
Professional
colli
3 years, 7 months ago by colli
I'm pretty sure that's just how alphas are. If they're majorly slanted maybe try tying them tighter. You could also work on knot tension so that they're all uniform, hopefully that'd make the slanting less noticable.
kmmorell
Bracelet King
kmmorell
3 years, 7 months ago by kmmorell
@alivetoliv Mine were also coming out wonky like ///// and not straight. I figure out that it was because of my strings inside the color switch. if you pull the to the right or left while straightening your knots, it makes them straight! Also it might be knot tension... Hope that helps!
alivetoliv
Bracelet King
alivetoliv
@kmmorell thanks I'll give that a try
alivetoliv
Bracelet King
alivetoliv
If anyone is still following this thread. I also figured out that it has a lot to do with how the knots lay. Words look far better when the word is spelled out horizontally on the bracelet rather than vertically.
aukse
Professional
aukse
3 years, 6 months ago by aukse
i usually use a ruler after every single row, on the bottom and the sides and sometimes on the top, sometimes it works but sometimes it just doesn’t cooperate
alivetoliv
Bracelet King
alivetoliv
3 years, 6 months ago by alivetoliv
@aukse Thanks, I've been using my nail for the same effect.
bluetulip
Skiller
bluetulip
3 years, 6 months ago by bluetulip
I found if you pull the knot up and perpendicular to the bracelet rather than to either side it makes the knots more square
SC00PSAH0Y
Bracelet King
SC00PSAH0Y
3 years, 6 months ago by SC00PSAH0Y
You can try to use a needle of some sort (safety pin, thumb tac, etc.) to go back in and “fan” out the slanted knots to make them look fuller. Sometimes I even use a pen or thin sharpie to color in the slanted knots if I cant fan them out or just shade the other color the same color as the slanted knot. Good luck and I hope you find something that works for you! 🤗
Elise64
Bracelet King
Elise64
3 years, 6 months ago by Elise64
I heard in a masha knots vid to use a ruler to push your knots up, idk if this will help with ur problem, but she says to knot looser if you want to do that because when you knot tight the knots are stuck in place.