What kind of thread do you use?
mayrozen
Professional
mayrozen
3 years, 7 months ago by mayrozen
So I tried the DMC embroidery floss once and didn't really enjoy working with it plus it's really expensive where I live. I usually use cotton pearl thread but it means I need to double it cause its thinner then embroidery floss. Anyone else does the same?
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
3 years, 7 months ago by 2006_Mandy
There are many different thread brands, you could try crochet thread, loops and threads, DFN, amazon brands, Walmart brands, etc. and different brands have different textures. you could even try out craft cord
landrenee
Bracelet King
landrenee
3 years, 7 months ago by landrenee
i use a random amazon brand (all of them are basically the same) and artiste from hobby lobby
mayrozen
Professional
mayrozen
3 years, 6 months ago by mayrozen
@landrenee I have no idea what's a hobby lobby, dont have it in my country but I believe the thread you are talking about is similar to what I use. I like what I use because it doesn't unravel like the floss thread its strong and stable. But again, it means I need to double it cause its thin.
landrenee
Bracelet King
landrenee
3 years, 6 months ago by landrenee
hobby lobby is a craft store in the us 😊
KikiLilou
Bracelet King
KikiLilou
3 years, 6 months ago by KikiLilou
I use pretty much everything XD
I have multiple packs from random amazon brands, black and whites from pllieay and colour changing crochet thread from a craft store. But i will get Alize Forever spaekly yarn and threadwork variegated thread from Etsy soon.
If you like thinner thread i think you could try out some alize yarn as it preduces small knots.
uwucorgi
Bracelet King
uwucorgi
3 years, 6 months ago by uwucorgi
I prefer amazon thread due to its thickness but most other thread brands are pretty good (as long as it’s embroidery floss or craft thread)
mayrozen
Professional
mayrozen
@landrenee Haha yeah I kinda figured but "hobby lobby" sounds so ridiculous 😂 but maybe it's because I'm not a native English speaker
mayrozen
Professional
mayrozen
Thanks everyone for the answers I think I'll try to buy the amazon embroidery floss, hope it'll go well 😊
landrenee
Bracelet King
landrenee
3 years, 6 months ago by landrenee
now that i think about it it sounds really dumb 😂 it's just a household name for me i guess lol
_arianao
Bracelet King
_arianao
3 years, 6 months ago by _arianao
I use loops and thread and also DMC
workmanha
Bracelet King
workmanha
3 years, 6 months ago by workmanha
I use loops and threads or my first big set of string was embriodery floss and the brand was caydo off of amazon...I really like it and it came with bobbins too!
N_sidhu12
Skiller
N_sidhu12
3 years, 6 months ago by N_sidhu12
I use anchor
lizbethx
Bracelet King
lizbethx
3 years, 6 months ago by lizbethx
I’ve used almost every thread. I like dmc but I prefer amazon brand over it just because it’s softer cheaper and comes with a variety of colors.
MJ__knots
Professional
MJ__knots
3 years, 6 months ago by MJ__knots
Amazon! You can get a lot for cheap!
mayrozen
Professional
mayrozen
@mj_knots well its not the price that bothers me as much as the material itself. where i live things like threads beads and things like that are expensive anyway. i just didnt like working with the DMC thread cause it sort of fell apart and unraveled while i was doing the bracelete. anyway alot of people recommended the Amazon threads so i think i will try it out. thank you so much for your help 😊
mayrozen
Professional
mayrozen
@lizbethx sounds good, will try it out thanx 😉
Samanada
Bracelet King
Samanada
3 years, 6 months ago by Samanada
Friendship Thread from Walmart is generally ok. I find it breaks fairly easily though, so if you do tight knots or undo a lot, it might not be the best choice.
mayrozen
Professional
mayrozen
@Samanada i do do tight knots! and i like to work with solide and stable thread. anyway i dont live in america or europe, i dont have wallmart unfortunatley 😄