D-ring keychains
hannahab12
Bracelet King
hannahab12
3 years, 7 months ago by hannahab12
Hey, does anyone know what size d-ring keychains to get? I want them quite soon so I'm going to order some on amazon prime but I don't know what size to get! I'm thinking of getting 2 different sizes but I don't really know to be honest! Any ideas? Thank-you 😊
Lizzie_Ann
Bracelet King
Lizzie_Ann
3 years, 7 months ago by Lizzie_Ann
I don’t use d-range but i use regular rings and i recommend getting two sizes. I have 5 different sizes of my keychains and i find it really nice. So i would definitely get 2 or more different sizes.
hannahab12
Bracelet King
hannahab12
@Lizzie_Ann Thank-you! 😊
kimkusman
Advanced
kimkusman
3 years, 7 months ago by kimkusman
Amaoma 20 Pcs Silver Lobster... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07KR3T1BH?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
kimkusman
Advanced
kimkusman
These are the ones I got and they can fit about 18-20 threads (so 9/10)
kimkusman
Advanced
kimkusman
Have a look at my insta @kim_knots as all just keyrings are posted on there so you can see the size
Crafty_K
Bracelet King
Crafty_K
3 years, 7 months ago by Crafty_K
Hi @hannahab12! I have a suggestion. I found the pack I ordered a little over a month ago. They are the perfect size for any keychain! Here's the link: https://www.amazon.com/Anezus-Keychain-Lanyard-Swivel-Hardware/dp/B07QWJV5MZ/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=d+rings+keychain&qid=1602514914&sr=8-2 There are 40 keychains and 20 "rings" to secure the keychains onto whatever you attach them to. 60 pieces in all. I hope this helped and you find what you're looking for! 😊 Happy knotting!
hannahab12
Bracelet King
hannahab12
@Crafty_K @kimkusman Thank you! I'll have a look with my dad tonight! 🙂😊
Crafty_K
Bracelet King
Crafty_K
3 years, 7 months ago by Crafty_K
@hannahab12 That's great! I'm glad that helped! 😊
june412406
Bracelet King
june412406
3 years, 7 months ago by june412406
i got 1inch 🙂
sha123
Bracelet King
sha123
3 years, 7 months ago by sha123
I use 3/4 inch
Yellowbear
Professional
Yellowbear
3 years, 7 months ago by Yellowbear
You should probably get 2 sizes because I got some and the were too small. 😊
ananya123
Bracelet King
ananya123
3 years, 7 months ago by ananya123
1 inch is what I recommend. they fit 20 base strings for alphas and like 30 strings for normal patterns ( i think)
Elise64
Bracelet King
Elise64
3 years, 7 months ago by Elise64
1 inch, even if it doesn’t seem big enough actually fits a good amount of strings! I made these 21 string patterns on a 1 inch keychain and they turned out great! 3/4 inch is good for smaller patterns that are around 15 or 16 strings or smaller
Elise64
Bracelet King
Elise64
@ananya123 Wait, I am kind of confused on why it would be 20 base strings for alphas but 30 strings for normals. Is it because alphas are more like weaving but normals are using all the strings to knot?
ananya123
Bracelet King
ananya123
@Elise64 When you make a 20-string alpha they turn out thicker than a 20-string normal pattern. If you have made a normal pattern with the same amount of strings as an alpha, compare them. You will see that the alpha is quite bigger than the normal 20-string. Hope that makes sense!
Elise64
Bracelet King
Elise64
@ananya123 I know that, I just am confused as to why would a normal would turn out smaller than an alpha. Is it because in alphas you switch colors but for a normal you just knot with all the strings?
ananya123
Bracelet King
ananya123
😂even i don't know exactly!
ananya123
Bracelet King
ananya123
@Elise64 i don't know exactly. i am confused too 😂 😂
hannahab12
Bracelet King
hannahab12
@ananya123 @Elise64 It is because you don't knot over all the strings in a normal isn't it? You use 1 to knot and if you look at a pattern by their rows, for example a chevron is 8 strings but only 4 knots wide. #32291 is 20 strings wide but only 10 knots wide and so on. Where as an alpha is for example 15 strings wide (not counting knotting sting) and 25 knots wide. I hope this makes sense! 😊