Is this a weird was to knot?
novaphina
Bracelet King
novaphina
3 years, 7 months ago by novaphina
So when knotting, I don't use a table or pin the bracelet to a pillow or anything like that. I pinch the bracelet between my left hand index and middle finger and pinch the base string or bottom string between my thumb and ring finger. With my right hand I use my thumb and index to roll the top string and pull it through twice to make a forward knot. After making one half-forward knot, I pull it tight by pinching the top string with right thumb and index and the string goes over the top of my middle finger and my ring finger pushes on the base string. Then I spread my ring and middle finger to make it tight. Lol this is a lot of confusing words, but I wanted to try and explain how I knot because it is different than the way a lot of people knot in videos. I can also take it on the go easily and just tuck an unfinished bracelet in my pocket for later (don't let it do through the wash though 😜 untangling the strings is a pain) Sorry for the length and thanks for reading! I am curious, how do you usually knot?
nataliem9
Bracelet King
nataliem9
3 years, 7 months ago by nataliem9
I think its really cool that you can do a bracelet with your hands without tying it down.
knotnormal
Bracelet King
knotnormal
3 years, 7 months ago by knotnormal
I use a safety pin 🧷 or tape
stewon6969
Bracelet King
stewon6969
3 years, 7 months ago by stewon6969
That is actually very cool! That way you don't have to take anything with you when you are knotting in a place other than your house! That is really interesting! I am thinking about trying it!
Smooshy
Bracelet King
Smooshy
3 years, 7 months ago by Smooshy
I knot by making a 4 and pulling the string through the loop
(It took me a while to realise I was doing the same thing as the tutorial)
moodie
Professional
moodie
3 years, 7 months ago by moodie
Usually to make a bracelet, I sandwich the knotted end between the lid of my tumbler and the cup, and it's pretty easy for on the go and portable
jadeflwr13
Bracelet King
jadeflwr13
3 years, 6 months ago by jadeflwr13
i usually secure the beginning strings under a mason jar lid, but i’ve also started taping my base strings down for my alphas because i don’t want to do triangle ends for bigger bracelets sometimes 🍁🕸🌙
mailgirl
Skiller
mailgirl
3 years, 6 months ago by mailgirl
I make bracelets with just my hands as well sometimes!
Margaron
Margaron
3 years, 6 months ago by Margaron
It’s not that weird, I’ve done it before and I know like clouts bracelets on insta does the same, you can see it in her stories from time to time. It’s my I’m on the run and have nothing to anchor method. I can’t knot as fast that way though but if you can, heck even less supplies you have to buy! 🤷🏻‍♀️
aukse
Professional
aukse
3 years, 6 months ago by aukse
i like to use a clipboard because i pull tight so tape doesn’t stay and a safety pin will make holes everywhere
kmmorell
Bracelet King
kmmorell
3 years, 6 months ago by kmmorell
I usually use a clipboard, sometimes a waterbottle, and if im in school and need something to do, I use a binder ring