skein unraveling
laynaluv
Bracelet King
laynaluv
3 years, 8 months ago by laynaluv
maybe it’s just me but when i’m making alphas i usually use thread on a skein and when i make them the string always unravels really long and i have to keep raveling it up , does this happen to anyone else
ameliapb
Bracelet King
ameliapb
3 years, 8 months ago by ameliapb
Instead of using a skein/bobbin of string I just cut a long piece of the string I’m using and then add in more when I run out just like you would do a color switch.
ribbitfrog
Bracelet King
ribbitfrog
3 years, 8 months ago by ribbitfrog
The same thing used to happen to me. Now I wind my string onto a clothespin and unravel it enough to work with it, and then clamp the string in the clothespin so the rest doesn't unravel. I hope that makes sense.
oliviaholt
Skiller
oliviaholt
3 years, 8 months ago by oliviaholt
I usually use bobbins because that is what works best for me
swim_girl
Bracelet King
swim_girl
3 years, 8 months ago by swim_girl
yeah i just got a bunch of cardboard boobing and they're very helpful
CatDog12
Bracelet King
CatDog12
3 years, 8 months ago by CatDog12
yes it dous all the time
CatDog12
Bracelet King
CatDog12
3 years, 8 months ago by CatDog12
I relate
meganff01
Bracelet King
meganff01
3 years, 8 months ago by meganff01
happens to me too
meganff01
Bracelet King
meganff01
3 years, 8 months ago by meganff01
i usually just cut a long piece of string
stewon6969
Bracelet King
stewon6969
3 years, 8 months ago by stewon6969
Yes! It does! Well, it DID. I now always just cut a long piece of the string and replace it when it gets short!
jadeflwr13
Bracelet King
jadeflwr13
3 years, 8 months ago by jadeflwr13
i have this same problem, i put my string on a plastic bobbin, you can find them on amazon or in craft store. i'll unwind as much string as i need at the moment, then tuck part of it into the rest of the string 🍄🍀 ❤️
kmmorell
Bracelet King
kmmorell
3 years, 7 months ago by kmmorell
I think every bracelet maker can relate to this problem. I tried to just use the skein and unravel it as I go, but I ran into the same problem as you. I then tried to wrap it on a bobbin, but it slowed me down SO MUCH. I figured that I could just cut a long length. If you know how to do a color switch do this to introduce a new long string into your bracelet. Honestly, this is the best way for me!
Happy Knotting!
stewon6969
Bracelet King
stewon6969
3 years, 6 months ago by stewon6969
It happens to me ALL OF THE TIME! So I can relate! What I do is I just cut my strings shorter so that it don't have the opportunity to unravel on me! There really isn't more that you can do about it! Happy knotting and I hope that you take my advice! 😘
danielle_3
Bracelet King
danielle_3
3 years, 6 months ago by danielle_3
i would use bobbins. if you don’t have any at home then you can just cut a piece of cardboard up into a square. i have bobbins but i normally just cut like a wingspan of string and replace it as i get through the pattern.