Why can't you delete your own account or change your username?
Hori
Advanced
Hori
3 years ago by Hori
Thats it
oceanknot
Bracelet King
oceanknot
3 years ago by oceanknot
It’s probably because it’s hard to code into the software or something (I’m not really sure, I’m not good with computer stuff lol)
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
3 years ago by halokiwi
Patterns have to be attached to an account. So if someone were to delete their account there would have to be a solution to what happens to the content posted on it.

If you want to abandon your account you can request for it to be banned.
Hori
Advanced
Hori
3 years ago by Hori
@halokiwi Then why can't you change your user?
lucass_
Bracelet King
lucass_
3 years ago by lucass_
prob cuz there’s the search user thing for patterns and if you’re trying to find a pattern, it’s way easier to narrow down if you know the user that makes it. and it’s prob hard to code in, as oceanknot said.
Hori
Advanced
Hori
3 years ago by Hori
@lucass_ Ohhh makes sense! I made this account and called it Hori because of the anime character in my pfp
but there aren't any other characters called Hori so I was wondering if there was to change it, but its okie
lucass_
Bracelet King
lucass_
3 years ago by lucass_
yeah nahhh, you can’t change it. i dunno if that’ll be a future update tho. “stay tuned to find out”
danielle_3
Bracelet King
danielle_3
3 years ago by danielle_3
like others were saying it may be difficult to code (i don't know much about coding so i'm not entirely sure if that's true) and accounts can be banned by request or if the user does something that means they should be banned. you can create a new account if you want to and transfer your to-dos and loves to the new account. you may still have to keep your current account if you have content posted on it but you don't have to be active on it. i think that admin just has lots of things on his to-do list that would improve the site and app and changing usernames probably isn't as prioritized or requested as other things.
Hori
Advanced
Hori
3 years ago by Hori
@danielle_3 Makes sense