patterns and skill level navigation !!
sillpickle
Bracelet King
sillpickle
3 years, 9 months ago by sillpickle
I think it would be really cool for patterns to be labelled as beginner, intermediate, or advanced to help users navigate through them easier! I know when a lot of people (especially beginners) first join the site, they have trouble navigating through and finding patterns that fit their own skill level. I'm not super sure on the criteria of each level, but number of strings, types of knots, and segment-knotability would probably factor into the skill level! of course everyone should be able to do any pattern they want, but I know that when I was a beginner it was difficult for me to tell which patterns I would be able to do reasonably, resulting in a LOT of unfinished and scrapped projects! just an idea😊 thanks for reading hehe
Faye102
Bracelet King
Faye102
3 years, 9 months ago by Faye102
They had something similar to that. It was like a scale of difficulty 1-10 some patterns are still labeled a difficulty idk why they stopped.
jesmc2129
Bracelet King
jesmc2129
3 years, 9 months ago by jesmc2129
They had a feature similar to that, but they don’t use it anymore. Not sure why
sillpickle
Bracelet King
sillpickle
3 years, 9 months ago by sillpickle
@Faye102 @jesmc2129 I remember that feature!! I wonder why they stopped using it! maybe something along the lines of too many patterns to go through lol
jesmc2129
Bracelet King
jesmc2129
3 years, 9 months ago by jesmc2129
@sillpickle That’s what I thought, but I don’t know for sure
madeleine_
madeleine_
3 years, 9 months ago by madeleine_
I imagine they stopped doing that because it’s really hard to quantify the difficulty of a pattern
syd643
Professional
syd643
3 years, 9 months ago by syd643
Yesss!
Margaron
Margaron
3 years, 9 months ago by Margaron
They stopped the difficulty feature because it was being assessed and assigned by hand which means it could be incorrect or skewed by human factors and the knotter’s own skill level. It would also slow down the moderating process now with the sheer volume of patterns being posted.