alpha knot confusion
BrynnElise
Skiller
BrynnElise
4 years, 2 months ago by BrynnElise
whenever I make alpha bracelets, it goes well until I add color add ons. When switching between colors my bracelet becomes puffed up and horrible, and one side usually curves under the bracelet. Can someone help?
Froggy123
Professional
Froggy123
4 years, 2 months ago by Froggy123
I have never had this happen to me. With the additional strings you are adding on, just tie a normal knot with one side and hold the other with you hand so it doesn’t bunch up. Hopefully that makes sense! 🙂
munchkin25
Advanced
munchkin25
4 years, 2 months ago by munchkin25
You also might be tying the knots too hard. Try to make your knots looser. Hope this helps
lexinicole
Professional
lexinicole
4 years, 2 months ago by lexinicole
Masha knots has a lot of great videos on alphas, as well as Alex's Innovations. They helped me a lot with my alphas.
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
4 years, 2 months ago by halokiwi
The flat alpha technique might help with not making the bracelet puffy. MashaKnots has a video on it.

You might want to pay attention to not pull the loose strings behind the bracelet too tight. When you change to a colour you already used before don't pull the string to tight.
Someone_
Bracelet King
Someone_
4 years, 2 months ago by Someone_
Tension is probably the likely cause. Try find a happy medium between loose and tight. If you are new to making Alpha's maybe try patterns that use no more than two colours for now, it'll help you out greatly.
What do you mean by the bracelet curving?
Sarah246
Bracelet King
Sarah246
4 years, 2 months ago by Sarah246
When you tie knots that aren’t side by side on an alpha, there’s some loose thread at the back of the bracelet, so if you tie your knot too tight it will bunch up—try leaving extra string at the back. Hope this helps 😊
Disney12
Bracelet King
Disney12
4 years, 2 months ago by Disney12
I was having the same problem, but Marsha Knots flat alpha video really helped!
Disney12
Bracelet King
Disney12
4 years, 2 months ago by Disney12
Oops Masha.
Arm703
Professional
Arm703
4 years, 2 months ago by Arm703
This happened to my friend when I was trying to teach her how to make alphas. If you tie the knots too tight this will happen. The flat alpha technique is also super helpful, but can be difficult for beginners.
cgrace270
Professional
cgrace270
4 years, 2 months ago by cgrace270
This happened to me until I started using the flat alpha technique. Check out MashaKnot’s video on YouTube!!