how to create a pattern
laurence__
Skiller
laurence__
4 years, 2 months ago by laurence__
I know where to go to make one but when you are on the page I don’t understand what I’m suppose to do.
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
4 years, 2 months ago by halokiwi
For a normal pattern there are four types of knots (f, b, fb and bf). You also have the option to leave knots out (0).

If you have an even amount of string in the first row you need half of that amount knots. In the second row you need one less than half. After that the amount of knots repeats.

How you write a pattern is row by row. You write down the knots you want in each row divided by commas. You click test to see how your pattern looks so far and if you made any mistakes.

I find it easier to make a sketch before writing a pattern. It's important to know what you want in a pattern and not just randomly choose knots.

Those are the basics. I don't know what you know already so I think it's better if you ask specific questions.
KrazyKnotz
Super Moderator
KrazyKnotz
4 years, 2 months ago by KrazyKnotz
Please check out my two tutorials for Normal patterns:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HolYORv9P8E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_2uZ1RQ5Jc
GarciaL
Beginner
GarciaL
4 years, 2 months ago by GarciaL
Where do you go to create a pattern
KrazyKnotz
Super Moderator
KrazyKnotz
4 years, 2 months ago by KrazyKnotz
@GarciaL Please look at the tutorials I posted above.
laurence__
Skiller
laurence__
4 years, 2 months ago by laurence__
GarciaL on the website you can’t on the app
cooper10
Bracelet King
cooper10
4 years, 2 months ago by cooper10
You need to be on the website
mackenzie_
Bracelet King
mackenzie_
4 years, 2 months ago by mackenzie_
I have a question for when it comes to creating patterns. I created an alpha using a photo then narrowed down all of the colors to about 4 but there are still multiple letters if that makes sense. So, I can't post it because, 'too many colors are too close to each other'. How do I get rid of a letter color when making an alpha on the website.
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
@mackenzie_ you can edit the colours the same way you would edit them for a normal pattern. I recommend to make the colours more saturated or add more white or black until they're different. I wouldn't go down from four colours.

Each letter represents a different colour. If you have four colours you should have -, b, C and d.
mackenzie_
Bracelet King
mackenzie_
i have colors a-z and majority of them are all white (ffffff). How can I delete a color/get rid of a letter? @haloking
mackenzie_
Bracelet King
mackenzie_
i have colors a-z and majority of them are all white (ffffff). How can I delete a color/get rid of a letter? @halokiwi
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
@mackenzie_ you go to "draw alpha" and klick save. That will make all doubled colours disappear. Then you go back to "alpha"