making patterns for bookmarks (need tips)
shigaraki
Bracelet King
shigaraki
3 years ago by shigaraki
Hey!
A person messaged me and they said they liked my patterns and they requested me to make patterns for bookmarks.
But I have never made a bookmark or a pattern for one, so I dont really know what dimensions would be good.
I'm planing on making anime bookmarks so they can't be very thin (for example 15 strinks wouldn't be enough) but I dont know what should be the maximum amount of strings either.
Also if you have any other tips for me, how I should make the pattern (amound of colors / color changes...) to make it easier for the person to make the bookmark, please tell me
(Sorry if you didn't understand what I meant)
lucass_
Bracelet King
lucass_
3 years ago by lucass_
i think like 20-25 is good.
aiden707
Bracelet King
aiden707
3 years ago by aiden707
20 to 30 strings would be a good range for width dimensions. Length is a little tricky to tell.
As for design, side profiles would be great or like one half of a face. There's quite a lot of examples. Like the anime patterns made by @AE137 are a great example (I love patterns like those a lot ❤️)
Also I'm looking forward to the patterns you will be making 😊 no pressure
aiden707
Bracelet King
aiden707
3 years ago by aiden707
I forgot to add that the pattern can also consist of the character's signature pose or a particular move or expression 😊
shigaraki
Bracelet King
shigaraki
3 years ago by shigaraki
@aiden707 thank you so much for your tips!
You're really helping me 🙂<3
neonpool
Bracelet King
neonpool
3 years ago by neonpool
around 90 rows and 17+ strings could be good, that's what i usually make mine at but you do whatever you feel is best 🙂
maya3456
Professional
maya3456
3 years ago by maya3456
My recommendation would be measuring the length of a book and then figuring out how many knots you need to make it longer than the book for me that is normally 100+ rows. Also I have found any width works for a bookmark, so that doesn't really matter
lucass_
Bracelet King
lucass_
3 years ago by lucass_
oh and also, if you make the first row a solid color, cuz ik a lot of people make book makes by making the hole at the top of the alpha and it’s a lot easier if there’s a single color for the row.
karyn-smit
Bracelet King
karyn-smit
3 years ago by karyn-smit
25 strings would be perfect
AE137
Bracelet King
AE137
3 years ago by AE137
I make mine 30 x 75 (i believe) and people seem to agree that they’re pretty good, so I hope that helps!
shigaraki
Bracelet King
shigaraki
3 years ago by shigaraki
@AE137 Yes your pattern are amazing!! Thank you for the tip<3
AE137
Bracelet King
AE137
3 years ago by AE137
Thank you! And no problem, good luck with your patterns!
aiden707
Bracelet King
aiden707
3 years ago by aiden707
Oh you could make chibi patterns too. Those would be really cute ❤️