I need help please
Hedgehog23
Bracelet King
Hedgehog23
3 years ago by Hedgehog23
Im not a newbie but, I need help with string.Whenever I have string Im too scared to use it, I have a lot of string (in my opinion) but I still think "Oh I should save this colour, this could be used for something else" or "but this is my good string, maybe I should save it for something better, or something that uses less string". Or even when I bought of 100 for like 10 dollars Im still scared to use it??If anybody has tips please tell me!!
Hedgehog23
Bracelet King
Hedgehog23
A good example is a starburst, I really want to make a starburst but Im too scared to use so much string.I cant even bring myself to make a mini starburst (16 strings). Im also too scared that I will waste so much string by messing up. I rarely mess up, but I still have this fear.
oceanknot
Bracelet King
oceanknot
3 years ago by oceanknot
I used to have this problem and I still kind of do, but I’ve definitely gotten a lot better at not being worried about using my string. Whenever I would get worried, I would just have to convince myself that it’s going to be okay and I’ll always be able to buy new string. Sometimes my string gets tangled or I cut too much and I get really upset about it, but then I realize that it literally is not worth my time to be worried about wasting string that’s pretty cheap to replace. It’s a lot easier said than done, but you kind of just have to reassure yourself every time you don’t want to use your string that you bought it to make bracelets and if the bracelet doesn’t turn out good, that’s ok, you can get more string after. Also, string looks a lot better in a bracelet than it does in unused form. Another tip is if you’re worried about using your “speciality” string, I would suggest buying it in large bundles so that you won’t have to worry about using it up. For example, I use Lion Brand Yarn Summer Nights, which comes in 875 yards, so I’m never worried about cutting too much of that one or using it up.
Hedgehog23
Bracelet King
Hedgehog23
@oceanknot Thank you so much! I will try to use this when Im worried! I like the idea of the specialty thread, Im not sure where I can find big packs (Maybe on Etsy or Amazon?) but I can but them in multiples, I think I might try that with my regular strings too.Again, thank you!
Hedgehog23
Bracelet King
Hedgehog23
@oceanknots Where do you get your packs of specialty string?
oceanknot
Bracelet King
oceanknot
3 years ago by oceanknot
no problem! Also, yes, you can find speciality string on Amazon and other online shops as well
oceanknot
Bracelet King
oceanknot
3 years ago by oceanknot
Oh sorry, I answered before I read your other comment, I ordered my string online from Joann’s
Hedgehog23
Bracelet King
Hedgehog23
@oceanknot Thank you!
oceanknot
Bracelet King
oceanknot
3 years ago by oceanknot
no problem!
Jennat
Skiller
Jennat
3 years ago by Jennat
@oceanknot hey i have question if you don't know its totally fine ,but im still new at making bookmarks I've started 3 so far and once i start connecting both sides ts weird and not neat and there are only two tutorials on you tube and I watched both ,but i'm still confused and there aren't any here so if you can help please do so.-Thanks - Jennat
oceanknot
Bracelet King
oceanknot
3 years ago by oceanknot
@Jennat are you talking about when you end the bookmark? Or do you mean something else. Cause if that’s what you’re talking about, my tip would be to pull each string really tightly towards the bookmark when making the ending to try to make it as flat as possible. Also I haven’t really made any bookmarks before, but that’s just how I end my keychains
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
3 years ago by halokiwi
@Jennat I assume you are referring to the bookmark hole, right?
I recommend to experiment with how many knots you do and also make sure that all your knots are neat. In the video by Valentina Lenin you can see that she manipulates the knots a little with a tool so they look nice. That might be helpful.
blahblah11
Bracelet King
blahblah11
3 years ago by blahblah11
I used to have this problem then one day (2 days ago 😂) it just disappeared I’m to afraid to make a huge thick bracelet but a starburst is fine for me! I’ve just started a 18 strand bracelet and I didn’t realize until I was half way done so I felt a bit guilty.
blahblah11
Bracelet King
blahblah11
@Jennat Kraft KRAZY has a video on it
blahblah11
Bracelet King
blahblah11
@Jennat idk why krazy got uppercase sorry