normal pattern loose knots
lilliang
Professional
lilliang
3 years, 3 months ago by lilliang
at the beginning of all my normal pattern bracelets, its loose, but then as i knot it gets tighter but i pull all my knots the same tightness
noakaitlin
Bracelet King
noakaitlin
3 years, 3 months ago by noakaitlin
it might have to do with how yo start your bracelet, or that when you start it then you make your knots tighter.
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
3 years, 3 months ago by halokiwi
It might also be a practice thing. While knotting a bracelet you get more practiced and your knotting becomes tighter. If you practice more in general your knotting will become more consistent in general.

I recommend to always start a bracelet with a shaped start like a triangle start. This way you have something to build up on and don't need to worry about disturbing the structure if you pull too tight.
CakeCup
Bracelet King
CakeCup
3 years, 3 months ago by CakeCup
This happens to me too. When i start I am trying to figure out the pattern and how it is supposed to look. As I continue to do it, I get more confident and the bracelet starts to be a lot tighter. Just be confident in your ability to do the pattern as you go through. You should be fine.
garciazamb
Professional
garciazamb
3 years, 3 months ago by garciazamb
it really just depends on your tension that you have to keep it the same. Thats probably why its looser and then tighter. You can make like chevrons as practice or try to segment knot differently to see if it changes the way you knot consistently
baublesbyb
Bracelet King
baublesbyb
3 years, 3 months ago by baublesbyb
Your anchor point could also affect this. Use tape or a clipboard so you can keep the same distance between the anchor and where you are knotting.