beginner alpha patterns
heyyousuck
Advanced
heyyousuck
3 years, 6 months ago by heyyousuck
hey there! i’m new to making alpha bracelets and i was curious if any of you could recommend some of the easier alpha patterns to start off with? thanks so much! (:
Lizzie_Ann
Bracelet King
Lizzie_Ann
3 years, 6 months ago by Lizzie_Ann
@heyyousuck I have some cute patterns in my to-dos that are simple! Ive also made a couple patterns! 👍
Chica2020
Bracelet King
Chica2020
3 years, 6 months ago by Chica2020
I'd recommend doing something with only 2 colors to start (background and one other). You can do pretty much any pattern, but I'd recommend doing one that's relatively thin for your first one. Then as you get comfortable switching between the background string and the string used to create the image of the bracelet, you can try adding in more colors. Also, it would be best to not pick a pattern with color switches on the edge. Patterns like #44221, #14060, #20215, #22849, #28189, #58840 (or any other jack-o-lantern face really), letter patterns (#27872, #38069, and #23370), or any other pattern similar to these. Really just any pattern with 2 colors is good to start with.
M23_Teddy
Skiller
M23_Teddy
3 years, 6 months ago by M23_Teddy
I am also pretty much a beginner to Alphas but I do have some good advice!! I would say not to worry it your pattern doesn’t turn out the way you want it to the first time just keep on practicing and you will get better
jadeflwr13
Bracelet King
jadeflwr13
3 years, 6 months ago by jadeflwr13
i wouldn’t say i’m a beginner with alphas, i’ve made a few and am getting more into making them above normal patterns. the best advice i have atm is to not stress about it. it’s your very first alpha and it probably won’t turn out the very best. my first alpha was super lumpy, and it wasn’t very straight. watch tutorials for the flat alpha technique, and one to get straight edges.
heyyousuck
Advanced
heyyousuck
thank you all so much, i really appreciate all this advice!! it’s helped me a lot (:
M23_Teddy
Skiller
M23_Teddy
3 years, 6 months ago by M23_Teddy
No problem have a nice day!!✨
bunny9
Professional
bunny9
3 years, 6 months ago by bunny9
I would say try anything with only 2-3 colors so you get practice on color-switching, not too many base string I would stick to maybe 16 at most
Specific patterns I would have to say do any lettering or numbers like do ur name or initials of something special to u and same thing for numbers like a anniversary or date
I don’t really list any cuz I think as long it’s something u really like ull try ur best at it to make it come out nice so pick one like a picture of something (maybe simple at first) that u realllllllllllllllllly like (I needed the emphasis 🤪) should be a perfect beginning pattern for u
YOU GOT THIS
heyyousuck
Advanced
heyyousuck
hey that’s a really great idea!! thank you so so much! i really appreciate it ❤️
Emakes
Bracelet King
Emakes
3 years, 6 months ago by Emakes
I don’t know if this was mentioned already but when looking for patterns you can put on filters for the number of stings you want, the difficulty and the number of colors.
knots24
Professional
knots24
3 years, 6 months ago by knots24
Pattern #6654 is pretty nice alpha for beginners
nerdyesme
Bracelet King
nerdyesme
3 years, 5 months ago by nerdyesme
oceanknot
Bracelet King
oceanknot
3 years, 5 months ago by oceanknot
I recommend that you watch Masha Knots alpha tips video. I had no clue how to make alphas before I watched it, but I was able to make #28885 after I watched it. I don’t necessarily recommend that pattern as a first alpha though because it had a lot of colors and strings. It’s okay if your alpha doesn’t turn out the way you want, but just pick a pattern that interests you. 😄
oceanknot
Bracelet King
oceanknot
3 years, 5 months ago by oceanknot
Oh, I forgot to mention that the rag rug is a really good alpha pattern to start out with. #36730 is the pattern number, but there’s a lot of tutorials on YouTube for it.
B_lopez18
Professional
B_lopez18
3 years, 5 months ago by B_lopez18
I recommend doing pattern that has less than 20 strings and try to only use 3 to 5 different colors.
Here are the patterns I recommend 🙂
laynaluv
Bracelet King
laynaluv
3 years, 5 months ago by laynaluv
i recommend #39672 it’s pretty simple
sadnymph
Bracelet King
sadnymph
3 years, 5 months ago by sadnymph
in my to-dos is an alpha bracelet of the ikea logo! i think it would be a good one to try ❤️
coolcat836
Skiller
coolcat836
6 months ago by coolcat836
#40357 is a great one for beginners
martha9999
Advanced
martha9999
2 weeks, 4 days ago by martha9999
I did pattern #26172 to start. Has three colors, really easy. Enjoy! ❤️
83nalichav
Advanced
83nalichav
2 weeks, 2 days ago by 83nalichav
para mi unos de los patrones mas fasiles de hacer son :#25140 (abeja),#38672 (olas de mar) , #139486 (pez) , #166429 (buho duolingo),y por ultimo #167614 (conejo