alpha knots
bragtans
Professional
bragtans
3 years, 8 months ago by bragtans
hi everyone! when i make alphas, my knots tend to go to the direction in which im making the knot that is : if im making forward knots it'll go to the right but if i make backward knots they tend to go left! does anyone have tips on how to keep both knots straight? it really messes up the design, especially letters ): thank you!! 😊 😊
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
3 years, 8 months ago by 2006_Mandy
if you mean they go diagonally then thats a problem but they should be flat and straight horizontally after each row. When i need to i will place my alphas under my clipboard and grab my base strings and pull this helps my alphas become straighter and tighter in my opinion.
bragtans
Professional
bragtans
i think i'm expressing myself wrong and i'm sorry since english isn't my native language! look at the photo i posted on #38689 for a better understanding please! the knots should be straighter like this other photos but they're not, causing the letter F (for example) to look wavy! 🙁
bragtans
Professional
bragtans
@2006_Mandy i think i'm expressing myself wrong and i'm sorry since english isn't my native language! look at the photo i posted on #38689 for a better understanding please! the knots should be straighter like this other photos but they're not, causing the letter F (for example) to look wavy! 🙁
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
oh I think you mean why on the edges they are wave and not straight right? thats because when you make an alpha normally the edges wave like that but there is a flat alpha technique which many users use to make the straight edges you want. On the left edge you would do backward forward knots and on the right edge you would do forward backward knots. 😇
bragtans
Professional
bragtans
@200_Mandy omg thank you but it's not that, it's the knots, not the edges 🙁 idk how to explain it better i'm sorry 🙁
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
ok I mean your alpha looked pretty nice but i would suggest making looser knots it looks a little like you make your knots really tight so making them looser might help
oceanknot
Bracelet King
oceanknot
3 years, 8 months ago by oceanknot
I would suggest you practice evenly making your knots. For example, chevrons are really good patterns because they help your forward and backward knots look the same. Make sure you are also doing all your knots with the same amount of pressure(don’t make one type of knot tighter than the other).
bragtans
Professional
bragtans
i'll try that for my next alpha and see if anything changes! thank your for answering and thank you for your help! 😊
bragtans
Professional
bragtans
hi @oceanknot ! my normal bracelets look fine, this problem only happens with alphas, but i do agree with you, maybe i just need to practice a little more!! thank you for answering and thank you for your help! 😊 😊
DaniaAhmed
Bracelet King
DaniaAhmed
3 years, 8 months ago by DaniaAhmed
Hi! Don’t worry, this is completely normal with alphas. I don’t think there is a way to prevent this, although I do find tightening your knots helps a bit 😊
DaniaAhmed
Bracelet King
DaniaAhmed
Also try using the straight edges technique, it helps a bit 🙂
DaniaAhmed
Bracelet King
DaniaAhmed
Wow I said “a bit” a lot 😂
bragtans
Professional
bragtans
@DaniaAhmed ahahah it's okay!! and thank you so much for your help and suggestions, i will follow them 😊