Professional
rub7
3 years, 9 months ago by rub7
i personally get embroidery floss off amazon! 😊
Crafty_K
Bracelet King
Crafty_K
3 years, 9 months ago by Crafty_K
Yes! I totally have that problem as well! I would recommend Pllieay embroidery floss. You can order it on Amazon. That is the best embroidery floss! 😊
crp15
Bracelet King
crp15
3 years, 9 months ago by crp15
I think maybe Aunt Lydia’s fashion 3 would work because it’s thicker than normal embroidery floss
knotz023
Advanced
knotz023
3 years, 9 months ago by knotz023
Ok! I will try my best to try one of each variation and then share what I think! Thank you so much for all of the replies!☺️
xojenz
Bracelet King
xojenz
3 years, 9 months ago by xojenz
when you buy bulks off amazon the string is usually thicker so I recommend that! ❤️
knotz023
Advanced
knotz023
Ok thanks! It’s easier for me to knot with bigger strings so I double them up! But it makes the closures harder for me so I appreciate all the feedback I can get!
ks_wizard
Bracelet King
ks_wizard
3 years, 9 months ago by ks_wizard
I use Walmart sting, loops and threads, dmc, and prism. I found prism at dollarama so I use that.
Jaelene
Professional
Jaelene
3 years, 9 months ago by Jaelene
dmc is a really good brand and so is loops&threads but you can also find some other ones on amazon or at craft stores
chloe_27
Bracelet King
chloe_27
3 years, 9 months ago by chloe_27
Maybe you can find some embroidery that is pretty thick. Some string that I use is sorta thick. (sorta) but I bought the brand "Lion Brand Yarn" and its pretty good. 😊 hope this helps
knotz023
Advanced
knotz023
Thanks for the recommendation ☺️
Threadhead
Professional
Threadhead
3 years, 9 months ago by Threadhead
this is something that i am trying for the first time today. what i have found is a larger size of crochet thread, the brand that i use is Aunt Linda's. If you don't want to use that you could also try DMC's Cotten Pearl thread they come in larger sizes and come in a longer skein. i hope all of that information helps. 😄
Rg_Knots
Bracelet King
Rg_Knots
3 years, 9 months ago by Rg_Knots
I love DMC cotton pearl! It's amazing but, it is a little pricey. I hope this helps! 🙂
SavannaL
Bracelet King
SavannaL
3 years, 9 months ago by SavannaL
I recommend you use thin yarn. Trust me, I've used it before and I like bigger knots as well. Another embroidery floss that works very well for big, think knots is the Soledi brand from Amazon. They have very nice thread and it does not fray or snap. 100% recommended. 😊
Will0Wrist
Skiller
Will0Wrist
3 years, 9 months ago by Will0Wrist
I use all sorts of string. I suggest looking for either size 5 crochet thread (crochet thread is usually made of cotton and looks like DMC Pearl Cotton, but it usually comes on a spool) or looking for yarn with the yarn weight 1 (aka fingering, super light, or sock yarn). These are all thin enough to somewhat match DMC. I use a variety of brands, including DMC, Alize, Prism, Loops & Threads, and yarn I've found at my local dollar store. If you want sparkly yarn, many yarn brands sell sparkly yarn. IMO, the brand with the highest quality is DMC and Loops & Threads.
knotz023
Advanced
knotz023
Ok thanks! I just bought some cheap embroidery floss from Walmart today and it looks pretty decent! They had dmc but it’s pretty pricey so yeah😅
Mimi123
Bracelet King
Mimi123
3 years, 9 months ago by Mimi123
i use this cheap amazon thread that is REALLY nice and its pretty thick. Its called LOVIMAG
gnielson
Advanced
gnielson
3 years, 9 months ago by gnielson
I use embroidery thread for loop and thread. It is cheap and give you lots. The only thing is the if you get it wet overtime it will wash the colors away. All though if you want it lighter you can do that. or you can color you own thread.
knotz023
Advanced
knotz023
Thanks Mimi123! I will check it out!
knotz023
Advanced
knotz023
gnielson I have seen Kinsey b use that and it looks great
kmonkey
Professional
kmonkey
3 years, 9 months ago by kmonkey
Crochet thread works great, because it isn’t too fluffy, and it comes in a few different sizes, so you can choose your size preference😁 You also get a lot of it in one roll!