Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many people are posting the wrong pictures so it is hard to judge but for this pattern i would recommend doing a good amount of rows maybe like 20 before and after the actual pattern.
Such a nice pattern. I’m sad I’ve messed it up 😂. I ran out of colour changing thread halfway through, so I tried to die some more with a tie dye kit. Then I threaded the rest. And realized the colour contrast between the background and the letters was too similar, so the pattern wasn’t really visible. Therefore I used bleach on the background, but left it on for too long. So barely any colour is visible on the second half.