bracelets out of yarn?
annadf
Bracelet King
annadf
3 years, 11 months ago by annadf
Has anyone tried to make bracelets out of yarn? If so, how did it work? I was wondering because I imagine it would be a bit thicker but cheaper when considering the amount of yarn to a skein vs embroidery thread to a skein. Definitely not something to take the place of thread but an interesting idea nonetheless!
andioopeth
Bracelet King
andioopeth
3 years, 11 months ago by andioopeth
i’ve always used embroidery floss/craft cord for creating bracelets, and i think yarn would be a bit difficult to get a good pattern with, if you think embroidery floss is too expensive, i buy mine in bulk on amazon, i found 136 colours for 13$ and free shipping. hope this helps! 😊
elephants1
Bracelet King
elephants1
3 years, 11 months ago by elephants1
Hi! I use yarn pretty much for all my bracelets. I found embroidery floss really bad the knots are tiny (sorry if I offended anyone lol). I use thin yarn which is 8ply and 4ply. Yarn is better since it comes in huge bulks and not skeins and it’s the same price. The knots are the same size a embroidery floss (the one I use)
Andyish
Bracelet King
Andyish
3 years, 11 months ago by Andyish
At michaels they have a bin of dollar yarns, their a decent size too.. I got sparkly yarn a few years ago from their and I’m thinking about using it right now
annadf
Bracelet King
annadf
3 years, 11 months ago by annadf
@Andyish @elephants1 @andioopeth cool thanks!
landrenee
Bracelet King
landrenee
3 years, 11 months ago by landrenee
i used baby blanket crochet yarn when i was first starting out because it was all i had, and it worked pretty well, but i wouldn't mix it with embroidery floss or craft cord because the yarn is too thick
PugCakePop
Bracelet King
PugCakePop
3 years, 5 months ago by PugCakePop
Before I discovered bb, I only knew about the chevron, and I didn't really know about embroidery floss. We had yarn in a lot of Colors so I used that for a year or so. After I joined bb, I started using embroidery floss. I personally think it is a lot better. Yarn has the tendency to frizz and create friction, and its overall not a good texture for bracelets. It's harder to work with and it kinda hurt my fingers. So I prefer embroidery floss.